What Linux Operating Systems do you like?

Associate
I have several that I like for different reasons others which are terrible.

I used to like Ubuntu the older versions of if but then it went to crap after 10.04 so I scrapped it and started using Lubuntu and that became my everyday OS for internet use and for a long time until now. Lubuntu was always light tidy and fast plus easy to use.

GOS "The green version" GOS Linux was a very nice simple OS with a tidy looking graphical interface and was stable and fast only 600 MB in size but its no longer supported.

I like the simple minimal operating systems. I've never really been a fan of messy eye candy and mac docks especially mac docks in Linux I think they look so tacky.

I liked Tiny CorePlus Linux its 12mb in size or there abouts. An OS with great potential.It was kinda like "build your own OS" using bash commands.

DSL Linux was a good one a very small Linux 50MB in file size better than Puppy Linux. I found Puppy Linux a bit busy looking with things all over the place but not too bad.

There have been other distros I've tried like, pepper mint, Berry Linux and some very obscure ones. I like the idea of the Commodore 64 Linux OS. I would like to see more like that.

What Linux distros have you tried and what do you like or dislike about them?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Kali Linux is ok very stable I haven't really properly explored it but I like the look of it. I installed it on my Panasonic Toughbook CF 31.

Associate
OP
I've gone back to using Windows 10 unless its an older PC but then again I also dabble with DOS and experiment with FreeDOS on systems too new for anything retro but too old to run a modern Linux system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom