What Mid-Range Power Supply?

Associate
Hi,

I have tried a search in the forums but I have not really found a thread detailing the best mid range power supplies.

I have the rig detailed below in my sig, with no real added extras, I only have 1 HDD and 1 DVD Writer etc so I think that 400W will suffice.

Now I am looking to spend around £40-£50 I do not want a cheap make, but something in between. (Bought a Jeantech PSU from *****, What a mistake).

Thanks in advance for help :)

Last edited:
Associate
Tagan TG380-U01 380W ATX2.0 Silent PSU (CA-001-TG)

That should do for £38. Unfortunately it is out at the moment. I have never had or heard of any problems with Tagans.

Soldato
This should do you nicely....

Antec TruePower 2.0 430W PSU (CA-030-AN)
Our ground-breaking TruePower line has won over 50 awards around the world for its ability to deliver quality, stable power. So of course we've updated it completely. TruePower 2.0—poised to set the new standard for performance power supplies.

- Single 120mm low noise fan
- Dual 12V outputs, for stability and safety
- True Spec noise level of 21.3 dBA measured at an independent lab using ISO 7779 standard
- ATX12V 2.01 compliant. 24-pin main power connector with detachable 4-pin section for universal motherboard compatibility
- 4 Serial ATA connectors
- PCI Express graphic card power connectors

Full Specification

Price: £44.95 (£52.82 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Man of Honour
Eliminos said:
I have never had or heard of any problems with Tagans.

Tagan did have a problem a while back where some were ticking and failing, that said I think they have sorted it now as I haven't heard of any more problems. Certainly none with the new batch :)

I'd probably go with the Antec 430w as well simply because it offers a little more power and Antec are a solid build. Either of the PSUs mentioned will do a good job though.

Soldato
semi-pro waster said:
Tagan did have a problem a while back where some were ticking and failing, that said I think they have sorted it now as I haven't heard of any more problems. Certainly none with the new batch :)

I think that was around September 2004, I bought a Tagen 480w around November 04 & never had any problem with it, was that pleased with it & how quiet it was, I've just recently bought a Tagan TG580-U15 580W ATX2.01 Easycon SLi Compliant Modular Silent PSU - these Tagens are very quiet! :)

The Easycon versions come fully braided! ;)

Back
Top Bottom