What mobile service do snap on provide?

Soldato
Saw a snap on van yesterday I know from watching yt vids that snap on provide some kind of mobile tool service whether free or not in the US. Do they do this in this country, say you needed an axel nut impact socket or a bearing puller. So what service do they offer I assume it's not free?

Man of Honour
AFAIK they turn up at businesses let the guys buy all the shiny stuff on credit and then move on to the next victims. I don't think they offer a mobile delivery service to the general public.

Saying that they're all franchised so may well offer different services.

Soldato
As mentioned they tour garages with a van loaded with tools, if they don't have it on the van they have a huge catalogue that you can order from and then the guy will bring it to you on his next visit, you can actually pay for your purchase in full rather than on credit but as toolboxes etc are a couple of grand most people tend to use credit.

Soldato
Autoglym have a van and do home delivery - neigbours do private car-valetting and the AG van visits regularly.

the snap-on vans must be well alarmed/tracked - the no tools are left overnight in here sticker would be inappropriate.

Soldato
AFAIK they turn up at businesses let the guys buy all the shiny stuff on credit and then move on to the next victims. I don't think they offer a mobile delivery service to the general public.

Saying that they're all franchised so may well offer different services.

This.

You might be able to buy tools from them if you spot when they turn up at your local garage. Might be a bit of a struggle to get stuff on credit though.

Soldato
If you need some tools, a lot of halfords stuff has a lifetime warranty without the snap-on price tag.

The snap-on quality is the reason for the snap-on price tag.

I've got a set of halfords advanced myself, and for someone who uses them on an odd occasion they're of very good quality and great price if you pick them up on one of the deals. But having used some of my brothers snap-on tools which he uses all day every day, you can understand why they're expensive.

Associate
The snap-on quality is the reason for the snap-on price tag.

I've got a set of halfords advanced myself, and for someone who uses them on an odd occasion they're of very good quality and great price if you pick them up on one of the deals. But having used some of my brothers snap-on tools which he uses all day every day, you can understand why they're expensive.

Snap ons ok not as good as used to be by far.
MAC tools are good

Halfords top end tools are made by Facom who own Britool and others.ive there flexi Ratchet spanners and double jointed long pliers good kit.the pliers are great for dealing with heater plugs!

Bhaco are another great tool set have 1/4 3/8 and 1/2" sets.
Funny one is got a 1/4 drive ratchet someone stole and 1/2" from Ampro there the bizz the 1/4 drive i leant on a socket so hard that it snapped the extension bar! had snap on ratchets fail!

Soldato
This is one reason we pay a premium for Snap-On tools. The dealer will visit once a week and replace anything of theirs which has broken.

The quality has dropped over the last 5 years though, and the prices are just plain stupid for a lot of the stuff.

They also have special offer leaflets every 2 weeks like this: https://www.snapon.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/3328/June-2.pdf

Gives an idea of these discounted prices! They are excluding VAT as well!

Back
Top Bottom