What mouse is everyone using ? 2016

Associate
My G500 started having issues recently, so after reading around a fair bit I picked up a Deathadder Chroma. But for the life of me I just can't get used to the thing :( For some reason it's uncomfortable for me to hold, I can 'feel' it in my wrist/arm.

Back to square one.

Permabanned
I've had to return my Nixeus Revel as the scroll wheel had begun to come too loose for my liking. During games weapons would randomly switch etc, not good.
Such a shame, such a great shaped mouse with a great sensor.

Soldato
Using a logitech performance mx - it was a warranty replacement outside of warranty period iirc. It replaced a slightly older model.

Permabanned
Razor Naga 2014 MMO edition. Been a nice mouse since...2014!

Looking at getting the Asus ROG Spartha but still trying to brace myself for the "YOU PAID HOW MUCH FOR A MOUSE!!!!!!" conversation from the wife :D

Soldato
I've been using finalmouse for the last year and a half, the side buttons started to rattle so dropped then an email to ask if this is normal as it comes with a 3 year warranty, they said they will send me out the new model as a replacement.... No fuss or messing around.

Great service tbh

Associate
I've been using finalmouse for the last year and a half, the side buttons started to rattle so dropped then an email to ask if this is normal as it comes with a 3 year warranty, they said they will send me out the new model as a replacement.... No fuss or messing around.

Great service tbh

You can't beat good customer service.

Associate
Ducky Secret. It's taken a bit of getting used to as I've had several Deathadder's over the years (and a Habu before that which was basically the same) but after 3 mice and 2 Blackwidows I decided I couldn't keep replacing Razer products that die months outside of their warranty.

I like the Secret, it's very well built and the materials feel good in the hand.

V F

V F

Soldato
I too am using an MX Rev. I've finally started to prefer it over the MX Perf. My only issue is that the extra buttons are temperamental in games. I sometimes have to launch LogiOptions in the background before they'll function.
Also binding shift+left click to a side button works as a single click. No way to make it register a persistent left click. I think this may be an issue with all mice though.
Thumbwheel is still as useless as ever. I've tried to like it, but it's just easier to drag the horizontal scroll bar.
Call them and see if you can blag a new one under tech support. Tell them its just stopped functioning and you know its the receiver because you tried it on someone else's and it was fine. I've no time for companies taking the mick like that when they often replace very expensive things for free without proof the fault is theirs. MS used to send me a new mouse / kb as long as I gave them the serial number on the unit.

I've ordered some microswitches to replace the busted left click on the MX Revolution. The actual clip within the plastic chamber had snapped. Sadly when I took it apart I have lost the screws from the lower shell but cannot seem to find what size they are.

Hopefully I can fix the mouse according to Youtube.

Also it was interesting one of my MX1000 had been playing up. The 3 LED's were staying on with no activity to the mouse. It also ended up scrolling downwards magically on its own. Replaced the battery and all is fine. Interesting to see how long they last between charges since these are 2000mAh. 12 months warranty on the batteries.

Did anyone ever suffer the matt grippy sides wearing off over time? It was a clear rubber coating. Tempted to paint it matt black so the only glossy part is the battery level. Maybe get rid of the silver altogether.

Still have a brand new MX1000 and MX Revolution boxed up. There is a MX1100 somewhere as well. It was quite chunky. The carbon MX1000 I cannot get over is from 2005, part of the keyboard combo 3100.

IMGL0194_small.jpg

Soldato
My MX518 is still going strong, god knows how long I have had this now but hope it keeps on going!

No idea how I will replace this one.

Associate
just ordered a Rival 300 Fade and a new surface. Hoping for a sig+ improvement over my £5 gigabyte GM-M6880 laser mouse and crappy free microsoft mousemat. :)

Back
Top Bottom