What nail/nail gun for fitting scotia?

Soldato
Would rather nail than glue. Glue gets messy, doesn't grip instantly and struggles to follow uneven surfaces.

Should I get manual nails with small hammer, a manual brad nail gun, an electric brad nail gun or an air compressor brad nail gun?

Soldato
OP
I do it by hand and knock the nail in the last bit with a punch. Would hardly think it's worth investing in a nail gun unless you are doing it every day.
This was poor advice.

Nightmare trying to hold those little pins, right down by the floor in a corner, whilst holding the beading in position, and trying to knock it in with the hammer. Impossible to not hit your thumb/fingers, or miss the nail completely and put a dent in the beading or skirting.

My beading is all dirty because of my hands all over it & residue off the nails.

Also now small holes to be filled all the way along where Ive knocked the nails under the surface.

Soldato
OP
Pin push and maybe a nail punch to finish off
I bought a Tacwise electric nailer for work and they are CRAP.you had to use a punch on every single nail.The `hammer`on this one is VERY weak i found :(

That's fine the issue is more about trying to make sure the hammer doesn't hit the beading or skirting. It is so tight to hammer within half an inch from the floor and skirting into a curved surface.

Then the punch slips off the nail head too, another dent.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Were you using a sledge hammer dan? :D

No a small hammer. Have you tried trying to hold and hit a tiny pin, whilst pushing the Scotia down to the floor and against the wall at the same time, right up in a corner, having to position your body against a wall so it's hard to use your natural hand, with a radiator in the way? It just doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom