What? Printer

Associate
Need a printer for uni - something that's good for text, doesn't run out of ink every 2 minutes, and includes all the necessary cables.

I'm not fussed too much about photo printing ability but would be nice to print the odd one off every now and again. Would also like one that has seperate cartridges for colours, and has a good capacity black well.

I have a budget of around 50 quid and have seen some good reviews for the Canon Pixma iP4200

Associate
OP
seems a lot of people rave about the canon ip4200

and a few moan about the cost of a replacement cartridge pack.... but if they are all seperate, surely they wont all run out at the same time?

me goes hunting for a bargain!

Permabanned
ALLI said:
seems a lot of people rave about the canon ip4200

and a few moan about the cost of a replacement cartridge pack.... but if they are all seperate, surely they wont all run out at the same time?

me goes hunting for a bargain!
Look in my thread before you do.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely printer - but being able to refill or buy non-Canon cartridges would be a bonus.

Can be had for around £70, including highest priority delivery.

Associate
OP
basmic said:
Look in my thread before you do.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely printer - but being able to refill or buy non-Canon cartridges would be a bonus.

Can be had for around £70, including highest priority delivery.

seen it for 65, including 2m cable, pack of 20 glossy's, free hard cd case and free 128meg kingston usb key!

yeah.... 65!!!!

was about to buy and i saw your thread. still very tempted though.

Permabanned
ALLI said:
seen it for 65, including 2m cable, pack of 20 glossy's, free hard cd case and free 128meg kingston usb key!

yeah.... 65!!!!

was about to buy and i saw your thread. still very tempted though.
TBH, I love the printer and I'd certainly snap up that £65 deal!

It's just maddening that each ink tank costs in the region on £10.

Associate
basmic said:
TBH, I love the printer and I'd certainly snap up that £65 deal!

It's just maddening that each ink tank costs in the region on £10.

I figured that but reckon the black will last for ages as there are 2 of them, plus I use my laserjet for dumping b&w docs.

Just the 3 colours would be less than £29 which is about the cost of combined cartridge in my old Epson which you have to replace even if some colour is left.

Back
Top Bottom