What programming language should I learn?

Associate
Hello everyone,

This is my first post here and I'm seeking advice.

I'm planning to study some programming languages in order to be able to start a career in web and app development I was wondering though what programming languages should I concentrate on?

Thanks

Associate
OP
Out of interest, how will you be learning them? I started about a year and a half ago and am using Udemy. I've probably spent about £250-£350 on different courses and have learnt basics of several languages now. There are the subscription versions of sites, which now, looking back, I wonder if I should have just signed up on. Initially I thought I would only by 2 or 3 courses, but ended up with 20+. Just wondering which way you're planning to learn?

Do you have a specific project to work towards initially? An app, a website? I found that really helped me, having certain targets. I had an Android App I wanted to write, so I learnt some Java and then moved on to Android.

Then I wanted to make a specific website, so I moved on the HTML, CSS and PHP. Now I'm dabbling with Javascript and have just finished an SQL course as well as doing a Swift course to be able to make iOS apps.

A lot of things you learn are transferable between languages, you just need to get the right syntax.

I'm planning to attend a coding school

Back
Top Bottom