What RAM are you getting/bought for Ryzen

Soldato
Hi,

What RAM are you planning on buying or already bought for your Ryzen build. I've bought quite a few parts for the new build but not RAM yet, I'm interested in knowing what helped you make the decision on amount, speed, quantity and timings?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies, G.Skill has a lot of fans on here, shame OCUK don't stock it.

I think I'm going with 16GB, 32GB is just far too expensive and my PC is a gaming machine so wont utilise it anyway. Still not sure on speed and timings, I really do wonder if RAM is just a marketing thing and I wont see a difference in games if I get speeds over 3000+

Soldato
OP
Thanks, I wont be OC ing too much as I'm waiting for the 1600X and will happy with its standard performance, more interested in the RAM speeds and the boards ability to make use of high clocking RAM so appreciate the info

Soldato
OP
ok thanks but can you confirm the 3200 c16 team group kit is def Samsung, if so I will order ram from ocuk, if not ill have to go for g.skill

c16 isn't normally Samsung

Soldato
OP
yes I do, i need hearing aids too apparently. my point is that you decided to buy this memory for a particular reason, hopefully because its guaranteed Samsung. I don't want to spend 150 on ram only to find its not because its a some are some aren't type situation

Soldato
OP
I created this thread and its been interesting reading peoples posts. I was set on G.Skill as I knew I wanted Samsung based RAM but with Lord Zed's discovery I ended up ordering Team Group 3200 C16 and I'm really hoping its not a case of some are and some aren't. The RAM has arrived and I'll be installing it tonight so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom