What Restaurant did you eat at last night?

Soldato
I thought that since we have a highly successful "What film did you watch last night?" thread, that this would be an excellent equivalent in the new new La Cuisine board!

This idea may flop, but it is well worth giving it a go and keeping it as a fairly mainstream thread where forum users could log their favourite restaurant suggestions, and perhaps if the occasion deserves it, their least favourite restaurants (places to stay well clear of).

The restaurant I ate at recently was (shamefully, I know) a chain restaurant known as "The Red Chilli" in Manchester, down Oxford Road.

I'd never been before, but was on an outing with about 15 friends and decided to give it a go. I would describe the food as well above average for a chain restaurant. We ordered mixed starters, including deep fried squid. We shared a variety of Main courses which included Salt and Pepper Eel (which turned out to be mega spicy!), deep fried soft crab claws, frogs legs in cantonese sauce (subsequently I have learnt frogs legs is a particularly barbaric trade and kinda regret trying them, but they tasted nice, a bit like chicken with a distinct aroma of pond sludge! I wouldn't recommend a whole dish to yourself) and duck in hoi sin sauce amongst the favourites.

Overall I would give this an 9/10, losing a mark for having a poor selection of drinks (mostly very fizzy lagers sold in very small glasses for ~£4).

Soldato
OP
I'm surprised about Gourmet Burger. Its a fairly recent addition to the trafford centre and i was going to try it out....

I usually head over to Frankie and Bennys when i am there. You know what you get with F&Bs, decent food, fast service and reasonably priced. I nearly always go for the burgers, they are pretty good.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS a place in there called Bar and Grill, i ve not had such a poor meal since going there, stay well clear!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Alberts Restaurant in Didsbury, Manchester.

Great stuff to e had there. I had the duck breast to start and the roast lamb in a honey/red wine sauce and it was absolutely top class. Will definitely be going back there at some point.

Soldato
OP
Last week ate at Le Train Bleu in Gare d'Lyon in Paris. Wonderful restaurant setting, a magnificent building, both inside and out. Didn't take any photos of the food, but I've got some of the location.

• Champagne and appetisers to start;
  • Smoked salmon with pickled ginger and lemon chutney, potatoes and salmon roes.
  • Knuckle end of leg of lamb cooked in its juice, grenaille potatoes, ceps mushrooms, garlic and parsley;
  • Brie cheese from Meaux;
  • Crisp chocolate and orange cake with chocolate mousse.

Restaurant located at second floor arched windows:

IMG_20161005_233023_zpsieigdjfx.jpg

IMG_20161005_233018_zpskktbimi1.jpg

IMG_20161005_193731_zps8f1kd4gf.jpg

IMG_20161005_193641_zpsfbbx1jsm.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom