What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

Soldato
Similar to the threads on console/PC forums, so what are you currently playing through?

I'm just about to start Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. I've never actually completed this game yet but I will probably give it a good go this time around.

Anyone can name any other good retro RPG games to look at? Interested to see what other games was released.

Soldato
OP
I completed the story mode on Puzzle Bobble 4 (AKA Bust-A-Move 4 in America) on PSOne. Really good game to just sit down and relax with. I'd actually be interested in finding a modern type game of this type.

Now currently playing through Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on PSOne.

Soldato
OP
What are they like as games?

I have never even seen the films but do own a Ps1 game... Never even tried it tho! Came with a bundle.

From what I've played of the first, they are pretty short and easy games. Graphically looked pretty funny in the faces, the exploration is pretty good but somewhat limited. The puzzles aren't all that challenging and boss fights are quick and easy to figure out. I wasn't a great fan of the way the broom handles while flying.

The story can sometimes feel a little seperated and like there is a lot more to the story than it tells. For me having seen the films multiple times had helped to really know what was going on.

Definitely worth a play through.

Soldato
OP
I've been having a dabble on various games while I await the new MotoGP game.

GP-1: Part ll (SNES)
MotoGP (GameBoy)
Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP ll (MegaDrive)

I've also been looking at some FIFA games to see which I'm liking the best. After trying out 2002, 2003 and 2005 (all PSOne), I've decided my favourite out of these was actually FIFA 2002, so I've started a season with Liverpool.

Had a little blast of This is Football 2002 and 2003 (PS2) and just started playing the game Dark Angel (PS2).

I'm looking at more PS2 games though, so if you have any recommendations, shoot them my way!

Soldato
OP
@Spacedeck PES is where its at for PS2 football games! what other games are you into? GTA Vice City and San Andreas, God of War, Metal Gear Soild 3, ICO are all worth a go.

I'm up for anything really. I'm trying to avoid games that was remade for later consoles or those that have had an PC release on something like Steam or GOG.
Anything that was exclusive or any good games which might have been made for PS2 and Xbox.

Back
Top Bottom