What second car?

Associate
OP
Spamalot said:
90% of mods tend to lower the price not raise it tbh.

That's why I was going to sell it standard and sell on the parts seperately, I'd only sell it modded for the right price. This is why I still have all the standard bits :)

Btw I'm still going out I just got ready lol.

Soldato
DeadLOK said:
That's why I was going to sell it standard and sell on the parts seperately, I'd only sell it modded for the right price. This is why I still have all the standard bits :)

Btw I'm still going out I just got ready lol.
That sounds like the bet way of getting as much back for it.

Soldato
Spamalot said:
306 gti-6 all the way, might find insurance hard though.

Good call :D Fun and chuckable yet nice and comfortable when you want to be sensible :)

Seriously try a quote, won't be cheap cheap forcus 2.0 cheap, but not far off :)

The 1 year no-claims will help a lot, when I first got mine I really struggled as I didn't have any no-claims and lots of companies would quote me at all because of this :/

Associate
OP
Someone on UKFN suggested a cougar which is actually quite a good idea for me as I can insure the 2.0 16v for as cheap as my modified Fiesta (cant quite bring myself to pay 2k+ to insure the 2.5v6). It's spacious, it drives well on the motorway, the handling is supposed to be good for a big car and its different as theres not that many on the road.

Thoughts anyone? I know its supposed to be a tarted up Mk2 Mondeo but I actually like Mk2 Mondeos :o hehe

Man of Honour
If you like Mk2 Mondeos dont waste time and money on a Cougar - you'll pay perhaps a few thousand more than the equivilent Mondeo for... not much more.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Garrett said:
Admiral quoted me on the M3 with zero no claims.

But then i'm 30...

**** happens when you're thirty and have accidents. When you're under 24 you're the son of the devil when it comes to insurance on anything more than a bucket with wheels!

How about a Punto GT? If you're into tinkering with cars you won't mind it being off the road 80% of the year tuning it up or it being repaired. They're 130bhp standard and have a nice scope for tinkering. 20vt Fiat Coupe conversions are also common, or even getting a Fiat Coupe in the first place!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
[TW]Fox said:
If you like Mk2 Mondeos dont waste time and money on a Cougar - you'll pay perhaps a few thousand more than the equivilent Mondeo for... not much more.

I wouldn't have a Non-ST Mondeo though mate, and the Cougar seems like a good compromise styling wise.

I'd never live a Punto down even if it was a GT, always taking the **** out of my mates lol :D and no I want something good and reliable out of the box this time, I can't be bothered with the insurance on a modified car.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
DeadLOK said:
I wouldn't have a Non-ST Mondeo though mate, and the Cougar seems like a good compromise styling wise.

So get a Mondeo with ST styling - Zetec-S for example has the same bodykit as the ST24.

Soldato
DeadLOK said:
Im not really sure I can afford anything that sporty yet which is why im looking for something confortable and fairly quick. But if you can get me a reg number for the said motors ill be happy to get a quote and see :)

Hmm.. want something a bit more grown up really which is why I'm shying away from the zetec-s.

200sx - v752dlu.

no probs posting that as its now written off. :)

cougar is not worth extra money over the mondeo, as imo the looks dont warrant anything more. :)

Associate
I'd go with a Fiesta Zetec-S, but then I am biased ;)

The 306 GTi or Rallye is a good option also....

Is your insurance quote on the 172 for a normal one, or a cup?

Back
Top Bottom