what should I improve?

Man of Honour
I have,
3700 sd @ 2750, 250fsb*11 did have it at 255 stable but just eased it back a notch for piece of mind, too much work to do to have any bsod's.
2*512 kingmax hardcore pc 4000, I skimped on cheap ram when I bought this new rig to spend more on gfx ect.
Msi diamond mobo
freezer 64pro
saphire x1900xtx
hiper 560w psu
tj05 case
neovo f419
now I just got a few extra quid and want to improve, what should I go for?, im thinking ram, and not sure about anything else, any thoughts, should I stay with the kingmax cheapo just buy more sticks or get me some 1gb sticks of mushkin or whatever good stuff, want to stay with pc4000 or above though for the clocking potential. Any other ideas what to change or improve?

primary Hdd is a 300gb diamondmax +10, so what ram would you go for? and im not totally sold on dual core yet so I think ill leave the processor alone, after all I can get FX57 speed with just 5mhz on the fsb and its not far off that atm. There are some ram kits on this week only, or would you wait for the ocz gold 2gb kit to come in stock, im none too sure on ram being so much to choose from.

And mouse and Kb got a razor copperhead and a saitek eclipse when I got my new rig and one of those huge razor mantis speed mats, play fps mostly, spaced in between tons of uni work, uni work is why I dropped back the speed by 5mhz on the fsb just to be sure of no bsod's, not that 50mhz makes a jot of difference in performance, I know its more ram I need.

Last edited:
HITMAN_LEON said:
im none too sure on ram being so much to choose from.
I am thinking the same, but after reading some reviews saying there is little difference between ultra fast memory and slightly slower RAM I think I will go with PC4000 memory with 3-4-4-8 default timings, Corsair, OCZ, G-Skill and prolly even more manufacturers have that memory.

1st Choice for me would be Dual Core
2nd choice would have to be RAM. Go for either the OCZ PC3200 Platinum £165inc or the OCZ PC4000 Platinum £234inc. Both have excellent timings and IMO are one of the most reliable on the market! Personally I would go for the cheaper option and run a divider!

imo the ram is more urgent, dual core hasnt really began to shine, where 2gb has. and also your cpu speed atm is damn fine.

Back
Top Bottom