What should I learn to create a program for this?

Associate
I have had an idea to make a document or a small program to store all my recipes and cook books in to save some space in my accommodation.

I'm looking to do something that looks like a website in the looks, with an index to the left with the different categories as "fish", "meat", "sauces" etc and when clicking on each category you get the next list with the various recipes.

And when clicking on a recipe the recipe loads up in the main "window" more centrally on the screen.
I'm also thinking about having a print function included as well.

Any one have some suggestions in how or what I can do to accomplish this?

Associate
OP
I forgot to mention that I never done any programming before.

I was planning to not have it web based as I would like to be able to have access to it even when offline, so for example keeping it in a file on a usb-stick and so.

Can I do something like this project in a pdf file? I have never actually created a pdf-file before.

Associate
OP
Tnx, i have been thinking about scannign the books too, but at the moment i dont have a scanner, but that is something im looking to get after xmas.

Rroff, I always have back up stuff. With my music and movies I got them on a standard hdd in the computer, one external hdd and then a third backup on my computer back home in Sweden :D For important documents I got them on dropbox and a usb-stick, and some being backed up on my mail too.

I'm starting to look into html as well to see what I could make of that.

Associate
OP
I had a quick look at that helpndoc thing yesterday, and it looks interesting so I gonna have a closer look into that during the week :)

Really think it is time to start challenge my head a bit more. Learn to program something would be a good start, just as the courses I've applied for at uni could help too :D

Back
Top Bottom