What should my first dedicated VR purchase be?

Soldato
I've recently got hold of an Oculus Rift and while I've got a few games already that can be played in VR (Elite Dangerous, Project Cars and Dirt Rally) I've not bought one specifically for VR yet! (although I do love Pokerstars VR and Google Earth as freebee's!)

I've had a look at a few videos and I'm quite drawn to Arizona Sunshine and Robo Recall but I've not got a huge playspace and they both seem to recommend a space larger than I have!

And recommendations for the "must have" VR title?

Soldato
Arizona Sunshine and Robo Recall
I too have a very small playspace only about 2x2m,both these games i am finding a lot of fun.True you have to be aware of smashing the controllers into walls etc

Soldato
OP
Arizona Sunshine and Robo Recall
I too have a very small playspace only about 2x2m,both these games i am finding a lot of fun.True you have to be aware of smashing the controllers into walls etc

Yeah, been there, done that - there is still a big black line on my ceiling where I was reaching to pop a balloon when I had a HTC Vive! :D

I did read somewhere that Robo Recall was free but it's £20+ on the Oculus store??

Soldato
Got to be Beat Saber.

Regarding Robo Recall and needed space - I do have a decent amount of space, but I play that game standing in place. So as long as your space is as big as your reach, you'll be fine.

Soldato
Play Minecraft as I didn't play it much but tried it in VR and is one of the best examples of I can't play it in 2D now! Them blocks are much bigger with proper scale!

Alien Isolation is pretty good for a conversion from 2D but I can't stand free motion so never got too far. Flying/Floating like in Lone Echo is fine though.

Oh and Virtual Virtual Reality is a bit of fun so is Budget Cuts and Rick n Morty VR.

Back
Top Bottom