What shuts down a power supply?

Soldato
Hi all,

I had an Antec Phantom 350watt fanless psu installed until yesterday. It's been in 11 months and all has been OK up until now. Yesterday the PC woudn't start up - I pushed the power-on button and the PC burst into life and then died within a second.

It was workng perfectly OK before I shut it down hours before. It normally runs at least 12 hrs /day and quite often 24/7.

I still had the old psu - a Q-Tec 350 watt quiet unit - so I swapped it back. PC started up perfectly Ok. Then swapped Antec back - wouldn't start. Put Q-Tec in - OK. So it seems the Antec has devloped a fault which makes it shut down.

Question - is there one of the cables that senses some voltage that makes it shutdown? Is there any adjustment. Have sent an RMA request to Antec - just wondered if anybody else had the same problem?

Mel_P

Soldato
OP
Interesting - thanks.

My graphics board is also an ATI 9700 pro - but if it is that there is nothing that can be changed to stop it?

Also it has worked OK for 11 months and I have added nothing recently.

Soldato
OP
Six6siX said:
try starting up without the external power connector on the card plugged in. If it boots correctly, you have found the problem and it should display a message on the screen asking you to turn the computer off and reconnect the power supply.:)

Do you mean the one of the graphics card?

Mel_P

Back
Top Bottom