What supplements and where to get them?

Associate
fish oil isnt that high in fat?

probably get enough of this from eating 2 tins of tuna a day(sunflower oil).

anyway got these...
Green Tea Extract Powder
-Container: Sealed Bag 500g 1 £3.78 Was: £27.00
Now: £21.60
20% OFF
(Bulk Discount) Acetyl L Carnitine (ALCAR)
-Container: Plastic Tub 500g 1 £4.16 Was: £28.75
Now: £23.75
20% OFF
(Bulk Discount) Soy Lecithin
-Container: Plastic Tub 500g 1 £0.00 Was: £9.95
Now: £8.71
20% OFF
(Bulk Discount)
already have my whey

Subtotal: £7.94 £54.06 Voucher\Referral Discount: £0.00 £0.00 P&P: £0.00 £3.99 Total: £7.94 £58.05a tad expensive.... the cost of going a night out or 2 carryouts...if it does the job its worth it though

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes fish oils are 100% fat. Flaxseed is around 60% and Soy Lecithin also 60%. Fat's are good for you and help you burn bodyfat ;)

500g of Green Tea would last you about 3 years lol. 100g is plenty ;)

ALCAR is disgusting tasting, I'd buy just 100g of that also and see how you get on with it.

Associate
heh I prefer getting them all at once especially since I may actually get a job soon, so it gets it out of the way for a while. Im fit.fast, strong, supple and train hard. All I need to do is get rid of the layer of fat over the muscles and im set :D

Suspended
Chong Warrior said:
http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders/herb-extracts/green-tea-extract-powder/

It's in stock now. Though some don't like the taste as it's quite bitter, so if you're one of those fussy people then caps might be better. The powder is much cheaper though. The caps say they are 1000mg but only actually contain 200mg of real Green Tea Extract each and will only last you half as long.

Why did they do this? That makes no sense to me. Why not just make tablets with the Green Tea Extract instead of adding crap to it?

I have about 1G each morning of the Extract, I am going to need 5 tablets to get the same effect?

Soldato
OP
The Mad Rapper said:
Why did they do this? That makes no sense to me. Why not just make tablets with the Green Tea Extract instead of adding crap to it?

I have about 1G each morning of the Extract, I am going to need 5 tablets to get the same effect?

so you'll go back 5x more often?

Soldato
The Mad Rapper said:

There's 200mg of Green Tea Extract and there's also 200mg of Green Tea Powder which will be less dense and a good way of filling a capsule. I'd say 2 of these caps would be the same as 500mg of the Extract Powder. Even 1 capsule would be plenty for one serving.

1000mg is overkill, any reason you take so much? The extract is very potent and I wouldn't take more than 500mg in one go and even that is possibly too much.

Too much of an antioxidant and they turn pro-oxidant.

Suspended
Chong Warrior said:
1000mg is overkill, any reason you take so much? The extract is very potent and I wouldn't take more than 500mg in one go and even that is possibly too much.

One of the regulars here said they had 1000mg PreWO. I just assumed that it was safe to do that.

Associate
Thread revival alert :p

How many Omega-3 Softgels should I take and how often, with meals? I was thinking, 1 with breakfast, and then 2 with my post workout meal?

Soldato
The Mad Rapper said:
One of the regulars here said they had 1000mg PreWO. I just assumed that it was safe to do that.
Actually mate after your post I asked a few other people how much they take and dosage ranged from 1000mg to 500mg so you aren't alone.

Also I always guess when I make my Green Tea but this morning I weighed it before putting it in the cup and guess what? 840mg! So I've probably been taking between 2g-3g per day aswell :p :D
kmistry said:
Thread revival alert :p

How many Omega-3 Softgels should I take and how often, with meals? I was thinking, 1 with breakfast, and then 2 with my post workout meal?
Depending on bodyweight you should be aiming for about 6g-10g per day of Omega-3. So have about 6 caps a day, split into 3 doses of 2 caps and have a piece of fish aswell ;)

Tuna doesn't count as it's virtually fat free. Mackerel and Salmon are good sources.

Associate
Aye mate, thanks as always! Just had some green tea, eugh! doesn't mix very well any tips? I was thinking of having it with my morning shake which consists of 40G Whey, and water?

Soldato
I find the only way to drink Green Tea is in hot water (not boiling) this makes it easier to dissolve. I only fill the cup about a quarter full. Once it's mixed, add some cold water to cool it enough so you can just neck it in one, job done ;)

Associate
Chong Warrior said:
ALCAR is disgusting tasting, I'd buy just 100g of that also and see how you get on with it.

lol really thats an understatement...it tastes like some kind of horrible medicine mixed with glue... anyway if it works it works

the green tea kinda reminds me of those sachets of ready to eat just pour in water veggie soups

Associate
DanH84 said:
hey guys,

Previously i've always been able to get USN products at a much reduced price through my cousin unfortunately that avenue has now closed to me and my whey is beginning to run a little low.

so i need to know, what are the best brands? if there's little difference in quality just give me best tasting? and where can i get it at the best price?

Also i wouldn't mind getting a few other things as well, i already have omega 3 and a good multi vit but i might get some creatine and also a cutting stack... any recommendations at all?

thanks in advance for any advice.

My advice, although i doubt you want to hear it, is don't waste your time and money on supplements.

Who wants to be a slave to taking pills for this, pills for that and pills for the other? IMO, supplements are unnecessary and perhaps even toxic to the body.

Eat lots of good healthy food, plenty of protein, train correctly and rest. These are the only things that i know of that are needed for muscle growth :)

Back
Top Bottom