What time order has to be in for next day delivery?

I'd say earlier than 6, heck shop ought to be shut by 6 :P. Whilst you may get it dispatched if you order after 5pm if I was you I'd assume 4pm to be safe.

For the record my order placed 17:39 hasn't been dispatched according to e:mail..

Just to offer a fourth and probably incorrect opinion I always thought that it was around lunchtime if you wanted it guaranteed(subject to there being stock). This of course assumes that the City Link boys* in your area aren't complete muppets who would fail to find their hands if they weren't attached at the wrists :)

Me bitter about waiting 4 days due to City Link being incompetent, never ;)

semi-pro waster said:
Just to offer a fourth and probably incorrect opinion I always thought that it was around lunchtime if you wanted it guaranteed(subject to there being stock). This of course assumes that the City Link boys* in your area aren't complete muppets who would fail to find their hands if they weren't attached at the wrists :)

Me bitter about waiting 4 days due to City Link being incompetent, never ;)
hehe oh I know you can order past 3pm cos I have :P

As I understand it City Link pick up right at the end of the day, I'd guess between 5 and 6pm.

Well the shop shuts at 5:30 so you'd want to order no later than 4 so they can dispatch it. Just dont use *****link they are crap, why ocuk use them is beyond me.

Energize said:
Well the shop shuts at 5:30 so you'd want to order no later than 4 so they can dispatch it. Just dont use *****link they are crap, why ocuk use them is beyond me.
Never had ANY issues with City Link.. In fact I believe that OCuk changed in order to improve their delivery's.

BigDom said:
Never had ANY issues with City Link.. In fact I believe that OCuk changed in order to improve their delivery's.

My order was shipped saturday, its tuesday still not got it despite it being loaded into the van at 7:45am, what happened did it drive off a cliff or something? It doesnt take 10 hours to deliver a parcel from the local depo. Citylink website useless, it still says expected date 25/04 so much for order tracking, and the web site doesnt even have email support its like its stuck in the dark ages and I can't imagine where that van could be stuck at. On top of all that you have to pay £10 more for sat delivery when royal mail do it at no extra charge, and guarantee to deliver before 1pm or your money back.

Last edited:
BigDom said:

To be fair this is about the first time they have seriously messed up although normally they seem a little bit slow on the uptake(might be the Dundee influence mind ;)). The guy on the phone when I was trying to sort out the delivery issues did admit that their website was quite often wrong but maybe he meant just in the local area.

My Last order they 'forgot' to come to my door and deliver anything at all, I didnt even get a 'you were not home' slip, nothing, they then proceded to **** about at the depo where they couldnt decide wether or not my three forms of ID were enough for them to give me the bloody package and moaned because I didnt bring my failed delivery slip with me.

I think the cut off time for next day is about 3pm if everything is in stock - although i've had some orders placed later than that and shipped the same day, I guess it depends on how busy they are (my last order was processed and shipped about 30 minutes after being placed).

With regards to shipping, Spie had a poll on the forums for what people would prefer, IIRC one of the reasons Special Delivery isn't used more is because it tends to be very very expensive for orders that weigh more than 2000g (goes from something like £6 to £16 the moment it passes the 2000g mark, and considering a modern video card with packaging/cables/manuals can weigh well over 1kg it's not practical).

Personally I've had great service, and poor service from all the couriers i've ever encountered, normally City Link, Amtrack, and Special Delivery are pretty good in my experience, but they've all let me down fairly badly at one point or another - including RM/SD who couldn't find my address.

semi-pro waster said:
To be fair this is about the first time they have seriously messed up although normally they seem a little bit slow on the uptake(might be the Dundee influence mind ;)). The guy on the phone when I was trying to sort out the delivery issues did admit that their website was quite often wrong but maybe he meant just in the local area.

I've had nothing but good service in Birmingham.. mostly arriving before 10am and about 1pm at the latest ( on that day apparantly the regular driver was off ill - usually get the same driver so he know's where he's going etc. ).

City link have been great for me. Every time i've ordered something either from here or other etailers my order has alway been here on the correct day and always before 9:30. :D

Maybe ive just been been lucky :)

I’ve had a few problems through Citylink, i order something but they have been early most of the time when no one is home. And i telephone them to ask to resend at a certain time, and they deliver it early still. So phoned them and said all i got was its up to the driver as he/she has routes that they deliver so it saves time etc. Then i asked could they deliver it for a 3rd time so someone is defo at home. No sorry you will have to come and collect it (at Gatwick) 3 hours away from me the only thing they could do is send it to another depot for me to collect it there (which i did in the end)

Lagmeister said:
My Last order they 'forgot' to come to my door and deliver anything at all, I didnt even get a 'you were not home' slip, nothing, they then proceded to **** about at the depo where they couldnt decide wether or not my three forms of ID were enough for them to give me the bloody package and moaned because I didnt bring my failed delivery slip with me.

Thats happened to me twice, once at home and once at uni. The first time I stake my life on it that they didn't try to deliver it as i was sat looking at the door (watching tv and and the front door is practically in my eyeline through the window) for about 2 hours either side of the supposed delivery try. :rolleyes: Then they nicely forgot to load it onto the truck the next day and i had to ring up and complain before they did anything.

Having said that theyre not too bad but RM is better.

Back
Top Bottom