What to buy from NYC (new home/gadgets)?

Soldato
I'm going to NYC in a couple of weeks, and am wondering what to buy.

Firstly, I am moving into a new place that will require furnishing - obviously i can't bring home a sofa! But ideas in relation to that would eb good.

Also gadgets. Thought about maybe a Wii? But would i encounter problems as it would be a USA version? Would it work with my TV? Games bought here work etc?

Other things, I've got a Archos player, the iPod touch would be nice - but I don't think it can play half as many of the formats the Archos can.

Any other good ideas?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
I really don't want to tun this into a "what to buy in Bangkok" thread but, whereavouts do you buy from when out there?

Back to NYC

Okay - no Wii.
Camera a maybe.
Not sure about clothes, might try and get a pair of jeans that actually fit.

Smart shirts and casual shirts - any tips where to buy?

Soldato
OP
I saw a store had a blueray laptop for about 550 dollars .No box as new in a large store.:eek: Fill up your wardrobe,Got some timberland boots and timberland flipflops for 45 dollors last month.:D

Can you please recommend watch, shoes and clothes shops.
Thanks.

I understand that PC shops may not be able to...but other places please do state.

Soldato
OP
For clothes, New York is amazing. Abercrombie and Fitch have some massive bargains compared to here. GAP had cheap jeans too.

For electricals, once you add the 4% sales tax on it's not that much cheaper. Especially with the exchange rate at the moment. Do your homework before you go to get the best bargains.

CLOTHES i think is what's on the agenda.

Abercrombie and Fitch is a good idea. Thanks.

May try Gap as well, I'll have a hunt for websites that ssist in NYC clothes shopping breaks.

Back
Top Bottom