What to buy?

Associate
So im in the mids of updating one of my pcs.
The current specs are

Q6600 at stock
4 gig (2x2) XMS 6400 DDR2
G33M-S2 mobo
ATI HD4600
1.6tb (1tb, 200+400gb) for os/local storage/programs

Now i have a bit of spare cash before i start my build (which will be around Xmas)

So im in a bit of a pickle to what to get now.

I want to get a SSD, the corsair 650D maybe a new graphics card.
No point in doing the cpu/mobo/memory as it will be done in one fair swoop later on in the year.

My budget at the moment is 150 - 180£ maybe a bit more if its worth it.

now the case is about 130£, which means i would have to sacrfice the space on the SSD if i want to get them both together, or do i get the SDD now and get a beefy sized one or do i just get the case now and buy all the components at one time later on in the year???

whats peoples thoughts and ideas on this ? :)

Soldato
performance wise its obviously better to go for a beefy SSD with your budget (or a big graphics card if you game a lot).
however, SSD prices are going to fall eventually (they're starting a little spike now, but they will eventually start getting cheaper). cases on the other hand are getting more and more expensive because of increasing metal and oil prices, so what you're after now could be more expensive by christmas. it depends if you really want the performance now, or are happy to wait for it, because you could end up saving some money overall (no guarantee though)

Associate
OP
thats what im thinking about the case, because i currently have a case but its one part i will be changing which might increase in price not go down, the other thing is buy the case and a smaller SSD just for the os maybe

Back
Top Bottom