What to do about anonymous harassment

Associate
A friend has asked me for help and I’m not really sure what he can do.

For months he has been receiving intermittent calls from prostitutes around the country shouting at him for standing them up at various hotels. Maybe every 1-2 months.

more recently he has been receiving abuse from what appears to be a Canadian mobile number via WhatsApp.

then the other day he received a home STD test kit in his girlfriend’s name thar someone had ordered using her personal information via a local online sexual health serviceNHS service.

I told him to go to the police with a log of events and as much evidence as he had.
They have said its harassment but they are too busy to investigate low level crime like this and apologised and that was that.

He’s worried as things seem to be escalating but isn’t really sure what to do next.

Any ideas?

Associate
OP
There’s an ex-wife, weird work colleague and estranged friend it could be, or any number of work clients. he doesn’t have contact with any of them and has been ignoring it for a year but now his girlfriend is getting upset and anxious as she was the most recent recipient of it

Associate
OP
He's tried boxing stance, and even stopped wearing designer belts in case it was a jealousy thing.

This is the second time hes called the police apparently.

Any conversation with enraged prostitutes has only led to angry shouting in a foreign language.

He doesn't want to change his number for work reasons but looks like he might have to.

I suggested maybe his girlfriend could do a Freedom on Information Request to the clinic to try and get an IP address but I doubt its something they would keep.

Weirdly searching the number he's been getting messages from shows it as a landline number, who does that work on Whatsapp ?

City: Moncton
Zip Code Areas: E6L, E4T, E1J, & E1H
County: Westmorland
State: New Brunswick, Canada
Type: Regular Landline
Local Time: AT (UTC -04:00)
Registrant Company: Iristel

Associate
OP
I'm glad to see the majority of people are trying to get the prostitutes monies back :p

He wasn't that phased by the phone calls, not his girl is anxious as they are using her name/DOB/address and changing his number can't change this!

Back
Top Bottom