What to do about anonymous harassment

Soldato
Tell your mate to keep going back to the police. They have a duty to investigate, not brush it off because they are too busy. Keep going back after every call, every dodgy parcel or WhatsApp message. ‘Harass’ them in to doing what they are supposed to do.

Soldato
Change phone number would be the first thing.
Definitely keep pestering the police as well at the very least you have a record of constant ongoing abuse should things escalate.

Caporegime
I put money on an ex or somebody who one of them has had a relationship with.

My old crazy ex emailed everybody at my workplace the full graphic details of the sex we had had and where including on the boardroom table (we used to work at the same place).

Associate
I put money on an ex or somebody who one of them has had a relationship with.

My old crazy ex emailed everybody at my workplace the full graphic details of the sex we had had and where including on the boardroom table (we used to work at the same place).

boardroom table...... i salute you Sir :D

Soldato
He should change phone number then not give the ex-wife the new one, that might at least help to narrow it down. Or buy a cheap PAYG phone and give the ex that number and see if any calls are received on that one.

Shame the Police won't do anything about it.

He should keep logging the incidents though and if people get in touch with him ask how they got his details.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tell your mate to keep going back to the police. They have a duty to investigate, not brush it off because they are too busy. Keep going back after every call, every dodgy parcel or WhatsApp message. ‘Harass’ them in to doing what they are supposed to do.

This or

Tell them someone is having bad thoughts about you on twitter.
That will get it sorted.

Permabanned
For months he has been receiving intermittent calls from prostitutes around the country shouting at him for standing them up at various hotels. Maybe every 1-2 months.

more recently he has been receiving abuse from what appears to be a Canadian mobile number via WhatsApp.

Change his number, use the STD kits or give them to someone who would like to use them.

Soldato
How are these prostitutes being booked? Surely you need to phone them to confirm a booking otherwise people would book them all the time through e-mail which could easily be faked?

That should be a police tactic if it's a way of booking, brute force e-mail spam all known prostitutes so real clients are hidden in amongst the spam.

Associate
Get Coleen Rooney on the case.

Seriously though I would keep all records of the harassment, its low level at the moment but it might escalate. A friend of mine started getting abuse via her Instagram account which she kept and ignored until it became threatening and images of knives etc. She went to the FBI and they ended up arresting the person who was also targeting other people. She had never personally met the person but they had a mutual contact.

Associate
OP
He's tried boxing stance, and even stopped wearing designer belts in case it was a jealousy thing.

This is the second time hes called the police apparently.

Any conversation with enraged prostitutes has only led to angry shouting in a foreign language.

He doesn't want to change his number for work reasons but looks like he might have to.

I suggested maybe his girlfriend could do a Freedom on Information Request to the clinic to try and get an IP address but I doubt its something they would keep.

Weirdly searching the number he's been getting messages from shows it as a landline number, who does that work on Whatsapp ?

City: Moncton
Zip Code Areas: E6L, E4T, E1J, & E1H
County: Westmorland
State: New Brunswick, Canada
Type: Regular Landline
Local Time: AT (UTC -04:00)
Registrant Company: Iristel

Caporegime

Weirdly searching the number he's been getting messages from shows it as a landline number, who does that work on Whatsapp ?

City: Moncton
Zip Code Areas: E6L, E4T, E1J, & E1H
County: Westmorland
State: New Brunswick, Canada
Type: Regular Landline
Local Time: AT (UTC -04:00)
Registrant Company: Iristel

Using windows version of Whatsapp?

Soldato
About 15 years ago, every night between 2 and 3 in the morning my mobile would ring from a withheld number.

When I answered, the bloke on the other end would ask for Hugh Anchor and then hang up. Well that's what I thought he said. :D

This went on for about 6 months until one night, I managed to catch him just before he rang off.

After enquiring why he kept ringing, he asked "Is that Ian McDoogleson?", "No mate, wrong number".

He never rang back.

Caporegime
He should change phone number then not give the ex-wife the new one, that might at least help to narrow it down. Or buy a cheap PAYG phone and give the ex that number and see if any calls are received on that one.

^^^ this, in fact for any suspects who are still in contact with him (and don't know each other), give them a diff PAYG number each and make sure they're the only person who knows that particular number... and just change the actual regular mobile number too.

If the calls stop then perhaps it was one of the suspects who had the old number and is no longer in contact... though if one of the PAYG phones starts getting these calls then... you've only told one person that number... go back to the police or just sue them in a civil case anyway for harrasment, distress etc...

Back
Top Bottom