What to do. Dual TFT or one LCD

Associate
Hi, i'm thinking about what to get for Xmas and top of the list is a screen for my second PC. Well i got a Samsung 913N last year for my main PC and it's been great so was thinking with the cost getting two Hanns-G HW191D 19" WS's wouldn't be out of the question (is dual WS's as useful as dual normal's?). But on the other hand i've also got a bit CRT type tv next to where the second PC is so maybe a nice big LCD telly would work as a monitor and a TV. For an LCD i might be able to get a budget of aybe £500 so what is the ATEC/LG AV320WD 32" like in terms of spec and reliability?

Thanks for any help

Soldato
well it dependes what you use your pc for and what resolution your used to.

what you have to think about is that 2x 19" widescreen monitors will have less height than most 17" and 19" TFT's running at 1280x1024.

ive had a widescreen monitor and its good for watchin movies and playing games but you get less vertical space which means you have to scroll that much more when reading a webpage.

if you can live without the vertical height get 2x 19" widescreens and you wont be dissapointed.

the only problem with getting an LCD tv is you get less resolution but over a larger space, which means the size of the pixels will be bigger and it wont look as clear as the Dual setup you mentioned.

i would go for the dual setup over an LCD tv, as i do a lot of multitasking, internet, MSN, movies, music etc and college work dual setup is much better.

once youve gone dual, you'll not go back

Soldato
Personally I would go for two 19" screens (well 20" if you could stretch to that) and buy a TV card for your PC so you can still surf whilst the telly is on :D

2007WFPx2.jpg

Bad pic but you know what I mean.

Soldato
The only thing I miss is being able to swivel the monitors, if I have friends round to watch a movie I just end up sliding the entire setup around to face the middle of the room. - Even though I have a set of allen keys on my desk (used to adjust the stand) I prefer not to touch it as I spent an hour getting them in the perfect position and dont fancing faffing with it again lol.

Soldato
yeah, i might want to use one to watch movies on as my desk is near my bed, so i think i'll save the money and just use the standard stands.

sorry for the slight off-topic conversation. but i do guarantee that once youve used a dual setup you'll never want to go back

Back
Top Bottom