What to do in Dubai airport.

Soldato
Not much to do except shopping

I’ve no idea if they still do it but Emirates used to provide a free hotel room for long stopovers and some routes

Soldato

I’ve no idea if they still do it but Emirates used to provide a free hotel room for long stopovers and some routes
They do. OP should check it out. Some are directly above the lounges and duty free shops. Others are a short bus ride away.

As above, nothing to do really. Lounges are very big and plentiful. They have large loungers in them you can grab a blanket and sleep but fill up quick. Loads of shopping but it’s no cheaper than buying either at home or your destination. The dates are great though

Don
While it looks flash on the TV it resembles a large refugee camp in some part, I would look at lounge or hotel access to get away from it all

Soldato

Yup, designer shopping. Pretty much that and coffee last time I was there.

Soldato
I suspect that you can easily ask for a personal shopper to pickup a selection of things before you land if you're 1st class.

I had 1st on my way to India once after been bunked up from business. Comfy and tasty food, but the Singapore airlines business class meals outclassed it. First is more like having your own little room but gets a little boring.. so if you've got a 1st class bar too, make use of that to hobnob.

Business class also usually gets you past all the queues too and people know you're a frequent flyer too so don't treat you like you're on your holidays for the first time. Business class in Dubai gives you the lounge and I ended up there on the way out a couple of times.

Soldato
I’d be tempted to just go into the city for 4-5 hours then head back to the airport.

Theres nothing to do there either unless you like shopping but it’ll kill the time way quicker.

Soldato
I’d be tempted to just go into the city for 4-5 hours then head back to the airport.

Theres nothing to do there either unless you like shopping but it’ll kill the time way quicker.

Depends on the traffic. I did some business there, the roads can turn into a traffic jam very easily - especially further out. When I landed it was basically midnight - they had some rain which is rare and as they all drive 5mm from the car in front and so they had a record number of accidents that morning. Later in the week I did get caught in a jam on the main road but I was coming in from the business district.
Also you may find it prudent to ensure your journey doesn't bridge pray time. Nothing bad but you may find that you have to wait for the taxi or the taxi may stop for prayers. So just plan that in.

Back
Top Bottom