nVidia 7800GTX Graphics Card
Western Digital Raptor 150GB
Logitech Cordless Desktop S 510 Keyboard and mouse
Logitech Z-2300 THX® Certified 2.1 200 Watts Speakers
Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS Soundcard
Floppy Drive
Asus DVD Rom
NEC DVD-RW

I was thinking of adding a backup drive for download, media files etc. And i have also been toying with the idea of getting 2gb of memory.

ANy ideas or recommendations on what i could do with this system?

How much do you want to spend on this? That will determine your options but 2gb is a good start and a backup drive isn't a bad idea either. I'd suggest replacing your existing 2x512mb with 2x1gb to ensure you don't limit overclocking options.

I'd say take a look at the hard drive failures thread to get some idea although it is obviously not conclusive. Hitachi(not to be confused with the older IBM/Hitachi hybrids), Samsung and Seagate all have fairly good results in the reliability stakes so any of them that fits into your budget should offer a decent option if that is all you want to upgrade :)

well i would like to get a back up drive to save clogging up my boot drive (the 150gb raptor)

and possibly change my memory to 2gb. do you think i'd notice any difference going from the ballistix to say 2gb of geil value?

Personally I would sell your ram and get something like the 2gb kit of Geil Value or maybe the OCZ Platinum PC3200 if you have the cash. HDD wise I would go for either Samsung, Hitachi or WD. The seagate srives are a little on the noisy side, but do have longer warranties. Avoid Maxtor!

If you are then still wondering what to do, you could always sell your gfx card and get an x1900xt or something

Are you running out of hard disc space? No point buying 10 x 320GB if you only need 40GB!

Do you need more RAM? Load times/stuttering? What about a UPS? £ of gear their and a brown out could damage the lot, or useful if half-way flashing BIOS or writing a disc.

Back
Top Bottom