What to go for f you had £350ish

Soldato
Hi all I am hoping to sell a few of me old bits soon to go towards a new system.

I have at the moment

Q6700
ATI 4890 1gb
4gb ram
asus striker extreme

I was looking at this bundle

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-063-OE&tool=3

It looks like it would be an awsome upgrade I will be keeping the ATI 4890 1gb as I wont have enough money to get a new card.

Would this be a good upgrade or would you go for another bundle?

Soldato
OP
Hi thanks for the reply.

With the setup you show would it overclock?

What attracted me to the one I posted is itsa nice over clock 4.6 :O the game I play mostly ARMA2 reqiures a lot of cpu power and the setup I choe would give that

Soldato
OP
ARMA 2 likes speed not threads as stated yes it is suppose to use quad cores and it does kinda.

And hyperthreading in arma is a waste of time.

So I am still looking at i5 I cant afford an i7 any way

Soldato
OP
tbh I am all ways behind on the latest gear MONEYS :(.

So upgrading from me q6700 to an i5 or some thing especially if i do go for the i5 bundle thats clocked to 4.6 I will im sure be very happy.

Oh will me ATI 4890 1gb be a bottle neck in the bundle I looked at I am thinking yes but like i say arma 2 uses CPU more really just wondering though?

Soldato
OP
yeah I spread paste on first to fill the gaps then wipe access away.

Then applied paste to CPU and mounted it.

The problem with my heatsink is some cores stand higher then some others and prevent the heatpipe where the cores actually are from even touching correctly wish I had checked when I got the titan as I would have sent it back its rubbish.

I wont got for direct contact again tbh.

Soldato
OP
ah thanks well I need to get the money first but I am going to upgrade ASAP.

I would never pucrhase a GPU till I got me new CPU setup I know I would be wating my money tbh as like I said ARMA really likes CPU speed rather than GPU.

Soldato
OP
Umm I will look into it more when I get some moneys but tbh I am swaying towards a i5 2500k read a few reviews its a good chip.

Any way fingers crossed I get some moneys and its enough to start me new PC :)

Soldato
OP
Well it seems clear to me from what I have read to that I will be going for a i5 2500k :p

Ok so now thats decided I may build me own system around the 2500k or I may just purchase the pre built system thats known to run at 4.6 ummmm.

Thing is I am confident in OC its just I aint 100% I will get the components that will allow me to get to 4.6 where as OCUK have all ready done the hard part for me :p

Back
Top Bottom