What to look for after overclock?

Soldato
I've just started my first attempt at overclocking my rig (in sig). I've used riva tuner to clock the gtx a tiny bit but i'm more concerned with the cpu(havn't touched ram yet). All my cooling is stock and so far i've clocked it gradually up to 2.7 Ghz (225x12) (was 2.4Ghz at stock) i've played fear for about 30 mins and then run 3dmark06 and it didn't go above 43 degrees and it seemed stable throughout. This seems pretty good but i wondered if i should be looking for anything else other than glitches and temperature. And is there anything else i should change in the bios- all ive touched is the multiplier and speed. Cheers guys

Associate
when it starts crashing or you notice problems either its getting too hot or it needs more voltage (whatever you're clocking). bumping the voltage usually helps but again increases the heat load further.

Soldato
Sounds easy, so long as the heatsink is properly seated & the fan continues to rotate then your computer will become unstable before any damage will be done really.
Set an alarm in your bios to be set off if the processor temp goes above 60

Back
Top Bottom