What to upgrade next... (help needed for an inexperienced builder!)

Associate
Hi all - brand new here but looking for some advice. Any help would be much appreciated!

Looking to upgrade a component or two but not sure what to look at next.

My current build is here - most recent purchases were the case, fans and PSU.

My main aims (in order of importance) are...

• Run things like Total War and Planet Zoo with decent graphics settings and quick loading times (on PC I'm an RTS / simulation player rather than an FPS player)
  • I am running out of drive space on my SSD and my SATA drive is too old for me to trust it with pictures or videos and I guess it's too slow for games. Considering replacing this with another larger SSD?
  • My old motherboard doesn't make the most of my new case - no connections for the front USB 3 type A and C ports - so would be nice to have these up and running.
  • Would be nice to make the tower a little quieter - it does get quite noisy when gaming. I've only just bought the case and front fans and I don't think they're that bad - might be the CPU cooler or the GPU fan? Did clean these not too long ago so shouldn't be a dust thing. Might be expecting too much!
The other curveball option is whether to invest in an actual PC monitor - for years I've been using an old 24" Samsung TV (on the parts list linked above)

Not interested in editing or anything like that - just gaming. Also not fussed about RGB and not keen on overclocking.

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Budget... let's say around the £400 mark?

Last edited:
Oh, this site doesn't like that link:

https://tinyurl.com/2p969ryw

AMD FX-8350 4 GHz 8-Core Processor

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB Founders Edition Video Card

Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3-1866 CL10 Memory

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Western Digital Caviar Blue 640 GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case

Corsair RMi 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Corsair LL120 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack