What VESA screw size for 200x200?

Soldato
Today's task is to mount my Panasonic 42LZ980 with an Invision HDTV-L full-motion arm and together with a Sanus SASB1 soundbar mount.

Telly is VESA 200x200 so I'm reading that that most likely means the screw sizes would be M6. But it's not abundantly clear and I've read some horror stories of people using the wrong screws and busting their TV :o There's nothing in the manual, so is there any way to know for sure? :confused:

And, it seems the Sanus mount needs to go on the telly first, then the TV mount bracket. Any reason for that?

Soldato
I’ve not used this combo but I’ve put a few tellies on the wall, m6 is just the diameter of the bolt, you can try an m6 or an m8 and only one will fit properly, m8 won’t fit in to an m6 hole and m6 will rattle in an m8 hole.
The one important thing to get right is the length of the bolts, this should really be in the tv manual, too long a bolt could knacker the telly if you are very heavy handed, otherwise the bolt SHOULD bottom out and the mount would be loose. I strongly advise finding out the correct bolt length before going ahead. the mount or the telly instructions should have this info.

Soldato
OP
I strongly advise finding out the correct bolt length before going ahead. the mount or the telly instructions should have this info.
Yeah cheers for all that. Absolutely could not find that info in the manual either. Why don’t they state this stuff obviously? M6s fit anyway and the mount had those in 30mm or 50mm length. I had to use spacers for cables to run behind the soundbar mount (annoying), so we used the 50mm M6s.

So it was spacer 12mm, spacer 16mm, perhaps a washer as well which leaves 20mm going into the TV. We measured the hole with a toothpick and it was about that. (annoyingly can’t remember ) So I think we’re good.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
8-24mm M6 as per the quick start guide
Wow those Day Nurse pills I was popping definitely have more of an effect than you think because I couldn’t for the life of me find that yesterday :confused: Cheers, made me feel better then.. around 20mm depth seems spot on for the 42”.

Back
Top Bottom