What was your first Car??

Associate
OP
A 1978 Triumph Dolomite, an 1850HL automatic to be exact. Great car, very comfortable, fun to drive, got plenty of attention and only stopped once in 3 years, and was fixed at the side of the road :) I got it in 03/04 I think.

DSCN0344.jpg

DSCN0405.jpg

I used it daily - and it did a good few 600 mile roundtrips, went to Goodwood, was on TV twice, in two magazines, and was shown at numerous hot rod and classic shows :) Many fond memories!

I would actually buy it back but it's in Ireland now, where most of my cars seem to end up :D

Like it ;)

Soldato
04 MGTF, still drive it daily now. Yes, it's broken down and yes I'm constantly paranoid about HGF AND I get called a hairdresser, but in the summer it's fantastic (and in the winter). All the naysayers are the first in line to want a ride in the nice weather with the roof down :D

Soldato
My current car, a 1996 Volvo V40 2.0 ''exclusive''. Got it for 1800€.

Insurance is only 625€ per year as I get 55% off for working for TNT ( I'm 18 with no NCB).

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Seat Leon Cupra 4.
Naive rushed purchase which has seen me spend thousands repairing it. ****.

My current car, a 1996 Volvo V40 2.0 ''exclusive''. Got it for 1800€.

Insurance is only 625€ per year as I get 55% off for working for TNT ( I'm 18 with no NCB).
Why does working for TNT give you a 55% discount on your car insurance?

Last edited:
Soldato
My first car is still my current car. It's a Vauxhall Astra Mk3 (don't flame me too much plz). It cost me £500, and it seems this year's insurance (assuming I don't crash in the next month or so) is going to cost about £600. Better than the £750 last year I guess.

£600 insurance for a car that does 0 to 60 in 3.6 hours...

Associate
My first car was a H reg (1990) Ford Fiesta. No power stearing, no electric windows, no ABS, no CD player.

Modern cars are much better but I did love the freedom it did provide.

Soldato
FIAT Uno 1.0ie Start
800px-Fresh_Blue_Uno.JPG

Wikimedia are an image host

Bought for £0 as a non runner, suspected ECU failure. It had a new throttle body, new front tyres, and an exchange ECU, but was still not running. £80 later and a new fuel pump had it on the road. Plus £1,000 of insurance.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why does working for TNT give you a 55% discount on your car insurance?

I don't know ( some kind of deal between IAK and TNT), one day I got a letter ( addressed to me in a TNT envelope) through the mail box with this offer:

http://www.iak.nl/tnt/

I had to log in using a username and password I got in the letter and it gives me 55% off for insurance...

I get a lot of other offers from TNT too like 50% off for black leather shoes from brand xxx or yyy...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom