What was your first proper PC case?

V F

V F

Soldato
I think the first case I bought as an upgrade was an Antec Sonata. The I go the P180 or P182, then I got an Antec 300 (I think that is the number), oh an Antec 900, and then I got the Coolermaster Haf X from 2011 to 2021! I am now using the Lian Li Lancool 2, a bargain! It was about £90.00!

I have just seen the sequel case, the Lian Li Lancool 3, 140 mil fans all the way through and good reviews!

Interesting looking case.

"Really, Lian Li? /YAWN
The O11 Dynamic Evo was more interesting - especially mechanically, that's why I bought one. It's got potential.

"I never understood why case companies add glass to the rear side panel, as Lian Li does here, because who wants to see their bird's nest-like cable mess? However, the Lancool III features small metal doors that cover your cables, similar to the bigger CoolerMaster HAF 700 Evo. If you are a cable managing guru, the doors can be removed and show off the profusion of Lancool’s Velcro cable ties."
It feels like creating a problem and selling adding the solution in the price...
"

Caporegime
I still have fond memories of my full tower Chieftec Dragon case in Purple.
I wonder how todays components would have performed inside it these days?
I had a chieftech dragon in black or whatever colour the dark one was.

that was considered a good case at the time for some reason, looking back it was ugly as sin.... nothing good about it

from there I think I only had 2 other cases.
some full tower lian li aluminium case with a removable motherboard tray, then onto a corsair 550d and now finally a p600s

Associate
lian Li PC62 bought from overclockers uk with my first paycheck :)

11-112-232-03.jpg

I later bought a side window and applied an alien 'two streams' decal to it

Associate
My first and only proper case is a Thermaltake Kandalf, it is falling apart and has served me well, it isn't quite original with new 360 mm radiator, all the water cooling and CPU block swapped out. Am currently in the market for something that isn't decaying as I watch it.

Soldato
My very first case was a beige full tower that I bought at the end of 1989. It had to be big as I'd acquired two 5.25" full-height 68MB (yes, MB) drives. The CPU was a 386SX and I remember the 2MB RAM cost me £200. I built it to run DESQview under MS/DOS as I needed to multi-task a couple of text-based programs.

The next one I remember was my first purchase from OcUK, early in 2000, and I think was a Globalwin 802. I was recovering from heart surgery and couldn't lift the whole case so had to dismantle it and carry it upstairs one piece at a time.

I'm still using a TJ08 I bought in October 2012. It's had a few mobos in it over the years.....

Associate
Coolermaster cosmos s from around 13 years ago.
Still using it as the inside is unobstructed and had a 220mm fan on the side.
A 3090 looks tiny in it.

Soldato
Akasa Eclipse, the one with the removal motherboard tray, that was the first case i purchased that felt like a proper case (and not just a glorified box with a variety of sharp edges and cheap fixtures).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom