What watch do you wear?

I've got a Breitling Superocean Steelfish, lovely watch that I'm really happy with !

Went shopping yesterday with my wife who keeps banging on about getting an Omega Ladymatic, not *totally* sure that the one she wants which is nearly £20k is going to happen though!

IMG_0059.jpg

Nice! Got a wrist shot?

Hi guys,

My grandad passed away the other day and my dad has given me £1000 from his account to buy something I can remember him by.

What watches out there for a grand are recommended?

Last edited:
Hi there,

Here is my Red Bull Limited Edition Casio Ediface. I believe Casio haven't confirmed the number they are making but some websites i have read have all said 300.

watch.jpg

2.jpg

Here with it's box and my old ediface

1.jpg

3.jpg

Cookie

Hi guys,

My grandad passed away the other day and my dad has given me £1000 from his account to buy something I can remember him by.

Do you have a particular style of watch that you are looking for?

Unfortunately £1000 is a bit of a bad price bracket for watches. Most watches in this range don't really work out to be good value for money as you can get something of the same quality and movement for less, and it is not enough money to get a watch which offers significantly more than what you get with a £500 watch.

Personally I would not spend all the money and go with something like a Christopher Ward or Steinhart which both give you quality workmanship and a good eta movement.

Alternatively I would add some more money and maybe go for a second hand Omega Planet Ocean/Speedmaster or a Rolex Submariner.

At the moment, Kemmner 2000m

Hi guys,

As above not much I'd consider new for a grand. You could probably find a nice second hand Sinn U1 or an auto Omega Seamaster.

http://www.chrono24.com

Last edited:
And so my watch hunt may have ended.

Firstly I liked the Christopher Ward C60 Trident, then the GMT version. Then I saw the Steinhart Ocean One GMT and realised the value that offered over the C60. Then I saw some pics of the Steinhart Ocean Two, and fell in love with the looks, but I need a watch in time for my 30th (well, not so much need as want), and there's no confirmation on release date yet.

I've just happened upon this beauty though:

ES-Lagunare-01.jpg

I really like the design. It's quite a big watch at 46mm, but them I'm quite a big bloke (even if I only have 7"-ish wrists). I have been hankering after an Omega Seamaster (the style with the blue 'wave' face), but the only ones even slightly approaching budget are medium size (way too small), quartz (eurgh), and battered with faded second hand and discoloured lume. The Glycine is unique enough to be eye catching, and I think is just what I want.

Just re-checked - my wrist is 7.5", so I think I will be fine.

Last edited:
I bought the Glycine in the end. Should be here this week.

Also picked this up recently:

Luminox01.jpg

Ideal for going all tactical SAS spec ops when I'm mountain climbing/in space/saving the world (read camping in Sussex with a dustbin full of tins of Stella).

Anyone bought from watchdepot.co.uk? They got the Skagen I want for considerably cheaper than anywhere else, but I am slightly skeptical. Reviews seem ok, but you never know these days.

I need a new watch, not bought one for ages, been thinking of selling the JLC extreme world chrono to fund something else but the market is dead at the moment

Noticed the secondhand prices of my Panerai PAM320 had gone up! Was a nice surprise not that I am selling. Cant believe the retail price is now £6k! What on earth are Panerai thinking hiking the price up so much.

Got my Skagen, really love it
USmxF.jpg

Paid £125 for it, usually its 160 odd. Perfect for an everyday watch, really comfortable, light, just love it!

Back
Top Bottom