What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I think it's like most smart pocket devices, the first and 2nd gen will always be the ones to test the waters. Once the next gen models are out we will see some interesting things. Better battery life, thinner cases, more options for customisation (straps etc) and better displays.

They're quite useful out and about but a few quirks let them down currently.

Transmission breaker
Don
I am currently wearing the Gear 2, and had the Gear fit before that.
The Gear 2 is superior in many ways, and I actually have found I am wearing it much more often than the gear fit, and my main watches have taken a side-line for most of this month so far! (I used to change most days)
Smart watches work well in some cases. I like using mine when I am at work, as I can check notifications quickly without breaking stride/or obviously picking up my phone, and screen how important they are with no real delay.
Their function as a pure watch is always a little compromised with a wake-up gesture rather than always on, but the other benefits over that far outweigh this.

Soldato
Anyone wear smart watches? I've got the Sony Smart Watch 2, I broke the screen at work and I'm looking to buy either the LG G Watch R or the Sony Smart Watch 3.

Anyone had experience with these? I'm leaning towards the LG watch as it looks more like a normal watch.

I don't wear one but a friend wears the G Watch R. It synchronises with the phone and you can choose a number of styles from the phone or watch. You get a lot of phone features transferring onto the watch like reminders etc. (as you would expect from a smart watch). The battery seems to last well and you can set the screen to be permanently on or turn off after a few seconds, it is plenty bright too. The screen is responsive as a touch screen. He only had one issue with it when the phone had an issue and unsynched itself from the watch which caused the time to be wrong. It was a quick fix rebooting the phone, it was the phones fault rather than the watch.

Caporegime
Has your Ocean One Black shipped yet Adrianr? Still no notification here.

Funny, I just emailed them not 40 minutes ago. I was wondering if I would receive some sort of confirmation of payment after the transfer? Haven't heard anything from them yet.

FYI, between placing the order and getting shipping notification for mine was 17 days.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
That is really nice, the strap "buttons" are really bad though, really hate that design of strap but sadly they're very common on Pilot watches.

Associate
YhsAX5.jpg

This is mine it has a good strong strap on it that have only changed it once in the last 7 years of having it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom