What wired headphones do you use?

Soldato
I'm on the look out for some wired headphones to use with my DAC so I'm wondering what wired headphones you all use. Noise cancellation is useful to me so if you have any tips about that I would appreciate it.

I'll be upgrading from the DT 990 Pro 250Ohm headphones.

Soldato
OP
I currently use Sennheiser HD600s, which are probably more “different” than better than what you already have.

My suggestion is to go visit a good dealer with your DAC and try a few.

Heard good things about the more expensive Focals, but never heard them.
The biggest improvement I’ve had with cans was to drive them with a valve headphone amp.
Sorry for the late reply.

I'm not sure I'll be able to go to a store but I'll certainly investigate the HD600s.

Interested to know what other people use as well.

Soldato
OP
As you already have the DT990 Pro's, i can assume you like the sound of them ? If you do, the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home's fall in the middle of your budget. I bought these a couple of years ago and really really like them, very engaging and despite what the reviews say they do have plenty of deep bass available when fed right the source.
Can't post a link because our hosts sell headphones, but if you look around a rainforest you will find them at £359.
Thank you! I'll have a look around.

Soldato
OP
Just an update to this thread. I ended up getting the HiFiMan Edition XS Stealth headphones and I am disappointed in them for a pair of headphones that cost so much so I'm sending them back for a refund.

So I've been thinking of either the DT1990 Pros or the Sony WH-1000XM5.

Back
Top Bottom