What work do you do and how much do you earn?

Man of Honour
I'm simply amazed how many students on here don't work as well :confused:

Does it not get annoying having to ask your parents for money for everything you want :/

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
[TW]Fox said:

Does it not get annoying having to ask your parents for money for everything you want :/
I've only been working since the second half of my third year. Never really needed to before because I either made money selling old stuff so I could buy new, or I just didn't bother buying much, so I never really needed extra income.
Had my loan to cover for the basics like books and travelling.

Only really looked for a job because I had too much free time and wanted to do something productive, and because I needed to save up so I don't end up in too much debt while doing my Masters.

Associate
[TW]Fox said:

Well i get a modest alllowance each month which covers most of my living costs and keeps the car on the road, my student loan covers my tuition and accomodation fees, i have had jobs in the past but usually spend the money on gadgets/clothes etc, its hard to find well paid work here unless your prepared to go full time and make a career out of it.

I keep telling myself i'll pay this and that off when i graduate, my parents will see other young people working and point this out to me although i was the only student with a part time job in my student place last year.

I'm an only child so am used to my parents paying close attention to what i do etc, when i worked part time i sometimes felt i was missing out on student activities etc.

Soldato
Paras said:
How about a poll?

Student / not looking for work
Out of work
£10k >
£10 to £15k
£15 to £20k
£20 to £25
£25 to £30k
£30 to £40k
£40 to £60k
£60 to £80k
£80 to £100k
£100k +

Be the best way of getting results, otherwise people wave their e-peen about or profess to be a student and have no cash (because you drank it all :p )

I don'r earn enough in my own opinion, and don't really want to announce the exact figures.

Back
Top Bottom