What Would Be the Best Laptop Cooling Pad...?

Associate
I recently ordered an Asus ROG Zephyrus G15. To make sure that it'll last for a while without overheating, I'm looking to get a cooling pad for it, but I'm not sure what type or which make/model would be best.

What features from a cooling pad should I consider, and what are some of the best brands?

Last edited:
Soldato
I recently ordered an Asus ROG Zephyrus G15. To make sure that it'll last for a while without overheating, I'm looking to get a cooling pad for it, but I'm not sure what type or which make/model would be best.

What features from a cooling pad should I consider, and what are some of the best brands?

Google has tons of results.

Soldato
For me the best cooling pad has been a Cooler Master Notepal U2 Plus combined with 2x 120mm Fans running over 5v USB to Fan connectors (via splitter).

This keeps my Legion noticably cooler, and more importantly notches the internal fans down a few steps (the 120mm fans are essentially silent).

That said, on my Wife's G15 it makes very little difference. The issue with the G15 is it simply doesn't have enough actual cooling to cope with the internals once you hammer both the CPU and GPU (her spec is a 6800H / 3080 @ 120w TGP). The relative lack of openings on the underside also doesn't help matters (my Legion is basically open across the entire rear half of the bottom chassis). That said a cooling pad won't hurt matters and may help keep the internal fans from cosplaying as screamers.

Back
Top Bottom