What would GD do?

Soldato
Today, heading West on the A31 just before Ringwood, at 14:15, a AgeTrans HGV parked in a layby had its rear trailer doors open, and roughly 40 to 50 people were climbing out of it and basically running off. I say 40 to 50 because I was past so quickly in the grand scheme of things that there were probably more in the trailer, certainly seemed that way. Sadly, there was nowhere to sensibly turn around and go back as I would have had to travel 10miles on the opposite carriageway before I could then turnaround and head West again.

I rang 101 who would have been more interested if Twitter was down, so I'm not really sure if anything happened or if I could have done anything different.

Soldato
OP
999 isn't just for emergencies - you might be confusing calling 999 for medical help here - yes in a medical emergency you call 999 but for other medical incidents you can call NHS direct, out of hours GP etc...

In this case it had little to do with anything medical but rather a potential crime was taking place right then - in that instance you're supposed to call 999, not 101.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/news/2015/03/101-or-999-which-one-should-you-call/

Apart from traveling in the rear of a trailer, what crime was committed?

Soldato
OP
Doesn't look like the same lorry as this one seems to have no branding on the trailer. The one I saw was AgeTrans (which incidentally, along with StopTrans I find mildly amusing in this age of cross-gendering).

Perhaps part of a larger opertaion. They got out of the trailer, but they weren't rushing off, quite a few were just mingling around the layby

Back
Top Bottom