What would you choose? im STUCK

Soldato
hey guys
i currently have 2x 17'' CRT's which are big cluunky and the screens are too small )

im abotu to buy 2 new screens. but im totaly stuck whether to get 2 x wide screens or 2 x 4:3's

2x 19'' wides woudl not gauin me ANY more heigh. btu woukld gain a lot of width.

2x19'' 4:3's would give me both more height and width but id loose the widescreen aspect which is becomign more and more the norm these days ( movies, games, etc

im thinking about a £450 budget for the 2 screens so i might be able to push some say 22'' wide screens which would be idea.... but thats not a lot of moeny for the size they arre ansdd the bezzels would be large and defeat the object of dual displays.

im stuck !!

btw my main uses are video editing, and gaming

Soldato
How about two of these:

Belinea 102030W 20.1" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black/Silver (MO-004-BE) Price: £199.99 (£234.99 Including VAT at 17.5%)

They only have a VGA connector but if that bothers you the DVI model's are: Price: £214.99 (£252.61 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Soldato
OP
those have been tempting me

but im still unsure if i shoudl go wide screen or 4:3 ?

btw if anyone has a Belinea 102030W 20.1"
could you please measure the thickness of the bezzel and the height of the viewable area of the screen... please :)

Soldato
It really depends on what you do. I mainly use my PC for coding and decided to get the NEC 20" as I wanted extra room so I could have two windows side by side. I've found that I actually struggle at work where I only have a 4:3 screen.

If you do want to go widescreen also consider the Hyundai N91W. My brother has one and its a good screen with decent connectivity for the price.

Soldato
OP
well the videos i edit means i have to view alt of layers of track at a time and currently i dont have enought height. ive decided 19'' wides are a bad idea as they really dont give me any more height.
id love to see some of these screens in RL, to give me a better idea. my brother has an acer 1619ws ( 19'' wide screen) and its nto too bad but a lil too small lol

Soldato
When you say height do you want more physical height or more desktop space (ie more pixels)? 2*20" widescreen and 2*19" 4:3 (well, they're actually 5:4) are very similar in vertical resolution, but the 2*4:3 screens is much taller in physical size, and obviously much less wide in terms of both resolution and actual size.

If the bezels are a problem, maybe get a single 22" or 24" screen.

Soldato
OP
fish99 said:
When you say height do you want more physical height or more desktop space (ie more pixels)? 2*20" widescreen and 2*19" 4:3 (well, they're actually 5:4) are very similar in vertical resolution, but the 2*4:3 screens is much taller in physical size, and obviously much less wide in terms of both resolution and actual size.

If the bezels are a problem, maybe get a single 22" or 24" screen.
acctual height... in CM

the bezzels are a problrm but one single huger screen wouldnt solve it.
im too used to duals now and have put up with a huge 3 inche gap between my screens ( CRt's) and i thionk i deserve better :p

i use duals for editing mainly. oputting all the toolbars and other crap on the other screen which havving one screen just for the image / video

the 2.01 inch belinea is looking tempting now. i really need to goto a 'high street retailer' and see soem of these pannels in the flesh

RB

Soldato
OP
mmmmmscreenslh0.jpg

Decission made :O

its a rare occasdion what i spend nealry £500 on screens lol,. but selling the things ive aquired recently is givving me the chance... ive read a lot of reviews on the 102030W and it looks good
id still like to know more info off some one who owns one ( bezzel width in particular !

khan, what sizes do you have ? its a nice idea but does it not look a bit odd?

Rb

Soldato
OP
well ill be damned.

ive just looked again ont he ocuk site and found this:
Belinea 2225S1W 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black/Silver (MO-006-BE)

then saw the thread explainign its availibility... id be stupid not to go for that one instead

RB

Back
Top Bottom