What would you uninvent?

Associate
Been said, but the Internet. Information moves too fast, and it feels like it is a blight rather than benefit on peoples mental wellbeing globally. I grew up as a kid without it, it must be a nightmare for kids, especially during school etc.

Man of Honour
The printing press.

Mr Gutenberg and the like are going to ruin so many lives, both by removing jobs, by aiding scammers and by making misinformation seem more legitimate.
I agree.
The telephone.

Mr Bell and the like are going to ruin so many lives, both by removing jobs, by aiding scammers and by making misinformation seem more legitimate.
I agree.
The information superhighway.

The Mr Burners Lee and the like are going to ruin so many lives, both by removing jobs, by aiding scammers and by making misinformation seem more legitimate.
I agree.

Soldato
Could not agree more! Social media has enabled/given a voice to the morons, tards, half wits and simpletons who, in years gone by, got told to **** up in the pub or slabbered themselves into a slap in the mouth and shunned by most folk. Now they have a ‘voice’ with which to infect other cretins. Zero good has come of social media. Yea sure, in the early days, it was great for catching up with friends who you lost touch with - it gave a more personal touch that a plain old text message couldn’t convey. Then it changed. Then the special folk twigged on that they didn’t have to just spout their inane stupid crap into the mirror at home. Now they had a platform. Now people listened to them - even if was/is only like minded lunatics - and that has given them a power they should never have had. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok etc all need burning to the ground. A whole lot of what’s wrong in the world can be traced back to social media.

And shut up, I know technically this forum is social media but this form of social media is ok, cause I said so :p

100% this. The internet was much better when it required a modest intellect to access it.

Back
Top Bottom