What's a good adapter to use for retro consoles on modern TV's please?

Associate
i still have all of my retro consoles and until now i really wanna play them and i dont have any scart tvs :( and after looking on goog i still have no idea which ones are good to use, i have ps1/2 and og xbox and g,cube and others but just want to know if theres a good adapter i can use on a modern day tv that will be ok.

A lot of high end solutions for this are quite expensive.

I investigated it before and ended up buying an older 2010 ish Sony 28 inch LCD which has scart, VGA, component etc for substantially less. Just easier tbh.
was that one a chunky tv? as i know from back then was kinda slim but not fully on huge!

This is an absolute rabbit hole with tonnes of options. Two questions that may help:

1. How serious are you about retro gaming as a hobby? Would you give up part of your room for a CRT as you want that authentic retro feel (and amazing motion clarity, response time etc.)? Or do you just want to hook up some consoles for a bit, indulge in some nostalgia and put them away again for another year?

2. How much would you be willing to spend to do this?

At the most basic, get some composite to HDMI converter from the internet for a tenner.

At the other end, spend hundreds on scalers like retrotink 4K (OSSC is a bit dated now but still ok), buy premium cables, consider soldering in or paying for internal HDMI mods tapping into digital signals from the consoles….

Then there’s everything in between. I’ve tried lots of those solutions and in the end I kind of like using a CRT TV. I mostly play PS2 and Wii (usually GameCube or SNES emulators). But sometimes I use the analog-digital scaler in my AVR onto my 4K OLED and that’s not bad but I usually reach for games that support progressive scan as the deinterlacer isn’t great or fast. But this is where high end scalers can solve that.
i have all my old skool consoles but never had the time and nowadays tech to plug them in so i can play them now and then but i dont wan them out just to put them back in a year, and i like the idea of these OSSC's which i have no idea which to buy but i would love to know what would be the best old CRT to look out for to get the maximum results from from whatever was the highest tech crt back then as i gather i think it was Sony Tvs wasnt it ?

awesome thanks i may go for this one then as it sounds great
OSSC v1.7 or v1.8

the Retroscaler 2x sounds good too.

also is there any certain cables i need for this setup and if you guys would try to hunt down a CRT from back in the day what would be the best last model that would serve these consoles the best please?

Back
Top Bottom