• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

whats an idea custom fan setup for the radeon 6800 pls?

Associate
i have the 6800, and with past graphics cards i felt better having the fans on all the time but now if i load my old fan settings it wont work. and im wondering whats he best custom settings to use these days with the fans on all the time but low anyway?

Man of Honour
The lowest you can without them off, I guess. If you disable zero-rpm in the driver, for me it just uses the minimum possible RPM, but I don't know if all cards are the same (also, if the driver ever crashes AMD re-enable it).

Soldato
I'd just leave the default zero rpm mode enabled... they don't need to spin unless the card is over a certain temp, and it's quieter if you are just doing desktop stuff.

Associate
OP
all my games work fine, just recently started playing once human and ive had 3 really strange crashes, where my screens go black and pc locks up and i have to hard reboot, then another today i was playing and it crashed screen went balck but the super loud noise from fans seem to have gone to 100% so i quickly turned it off lol

Associate
OP
so i thought it might be over heating my pc and that's the reason ive been looking into fan speeds etc, and when pc came back on my 2nd monitor was off and it was like i had no graphics drivers and had to full reinstall the drivers and things was back to normal

Man of Honour
all my games work fine, just recently started playing once human and ive had 3 really strange crashes, where my screens go black and pc locks up and i have to hard reboot, then another today i was playing and it crashed screen went balck but the super loud noise from fans seem to have gone to 100% so i quickly turned it off lol
Black screen crashes are a bit of a nightmare, there's a few different causes, but the first thing I'd do is check your power cabling to make sure you're running independent cables.

and when pc came back on my 2nd monitor was off and it was like i had no graphics drivers and had to full reinstall the drivers and things was back to normal
Running a second monitor can cause problems sometimes, especially with different refresh rates, since it increases the minimum power state of your GPU and it draws more power and runs hotter, especially if zero-rpm is enabled.

If your crashes continue you might want to try running with the one monitor.

Back
Top Bottom