What's going on with my bank account?

Man of Honour
fbTQh.jpg

So yeah, there's a number of things wrong with that picture.

1) It's only September 17th but the transaction was supposedly on the 19th :confused:

2) The greened out information is the last four digits of my debit card. The same debit card that expired a month ago and was chopped into little bits and thrown away. I made sure that the chip was completely destroyed and that all numbers were unrecognisable. Even if they did have my card number, how would they use an expired debit card?

3) I didn't make any of those transactions, I am on O2 but I have a £36pm contract so I have no need to top up my phone, or get travel insurance!

So what the hell is going on? Is it just a mistake (not sure how) that could be easily corrected or has someone managed to somehow use my expired debit card in the future? :D :(

Ps. I'll be at the bank first thing Monday.

Man of Honour
OP
Banks often show transactions due to happen on Monday over the weekend on statement, especially direct debits etc.

Fraudsters seem to use mobile topups as a way to test if they have a live account.

I Was curious about how they managed to make a transaction in the future!

I've called and they said they're looking in to it and the money and card would be sorted out. I would have called earlier but I didn't realise it was a 24/7 service.

I'm guessing it's partly Lloyds fault for not cancelling an expired card? Im still thinking about they've managed to access my account...

Man of Honour
OP
some thing must have changed, ive just logged into mine and ive got transactions out on the 19th ... and if u add up the 3 transactions , it does basicly add up to the £36 u pay to them ? maybe its been broken down for some reason

I thought this at first, but the O2 transactions only equal £30. Even if you add the other transaction it's still a few pence short of my bill for the month and there's no reason for it to be listed as insurance.

Man of Honour
OP
Sadly not Natwest don’t run a 24/7 number

0845 300 3986 (Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday 8am-6pm)
Don’t think many banks run a 24/7 services only one what springs to mind is Barclays

and Lloyds.

I thought Natwest would have a 24/7 number, they always go on about their customer service in their adverts!

Back
Top Bottom