What's in your freezer?

Soldato
im a firm believer in having basic ingredients and transforming them into something else. With that, I have a lot of chicken breast, thighs, drumsticks, mince, steak and have over 50 spices in a drawer.

I also make my own stock and freeze it after a roast dinner.

Other than that, I have frozen fruit and frozen veg and some tortilla wraps.

Is there anything you have in your freezer that's obscure or a fantastic go-to ingredient?

Thanks,

Andy

Associate
I learnt yesterday that you cant freeze peppers lol, they went to mush once defrosted. Never thought about freezing tortillas as there is always a couple that don't get eaten.

Just got a meat hamper from muscle food so need to potion that up and get it in the freezer.

Soldato
Got a frozen Ox heart, I freeze fresh corriander as well dead easy to break some off. We freeze a lot of bread as well, buy it in Morrisons when they're selling it off for 9-15p a loaf.

Caporegime
I have a variety of bagged/foil trayed meals for easy lunches/dinners.

Mac n cheese
Chicken casserole
Beef Jalfrezi

Then I also have bagged portions of mashed potatoes, chilli con carne, and pulled chicken/beef.

Also have a bunch of foil wrapped home-made burritos.

Plenty of quick access food for meals in a jiffy.

Then I have standard stuff like frozen meat/veg/etc.

Soldato
Ice
Vodka - although that may have gone
Some leftover spiced wine I poached pears in
Cooked and frozen stew
Cooked and frozen soup
Bag of fish mix
A bought sticky toffee pudding
Minced Ginger & Herbs
Butter
Coffee beans

I hardly use my freezer, been thinking to move it to the conservatory and put another under-counter fridge in the kitchen.

Associate
Meat, lots of meat.
10kg of spare ribs
14kg box of pork collars
5kg of chicken wings.
About 15 various blocks of smoked cheese.
A few blocks of smoked butter.

And that's just the chest freezer for deep storage, regular weekly stuff goes in the other two fridge freezers.

Soldato
Lots, quite a few homemade meals, like shepherds pie, stew, burgers, loads of homemade soup contained in tubs, bread, pizza, milk, frozen veg. More also.

Interesting fact(apparently), the fuller your freezer the less energy used as air has less room to circulate around.

Soldato
I like to have some chopped coriander in the freezer. Handy for making a garlic/corainder/chicken thing, or for a nice lentil dhal or even to go in a tuna/egg/sweet chilli sandwich.

Also, blocks of red wine, as I tend not to drink the stuff but, of course, don't get through a whole bottle when cooking.

Soldato
Minced Ginger & Herbs
Butter
Coffee beans

You freeze these?

Off the top of my head:
- Bags of chicken breast
- Bags of beef mince
- Sausages
- Bread (Sliced/Rolls/Garlic/Naan)
- A few oven ready meals (Pies/Quiches/Fish)
- Chips

Think there's also a tub of soup, and sometimes pizzas, but they rarely stay in there long :D

Man of Honour
nothing interesting, I miss my old house where I had a massive chest freezer and could make all sorts and freeze. lots of the replies in here, methinks people didn't read the op.

in fact I have 2 bags of ice, some parsley and some Aunt bessies carrot and swede mash and that's it.

Soldato
Always keep lots of frozen veg (peas, broccoli, sweetcorn, beans, mixed veg etc).
Burgers and sausages for any last minute BBQ's we may want.
Pizza dough, various tomato-based sauces, soups, ragu, stews etc. Chicken/veg stock and cooked chicken leftovers.

Also keep stems of herbs that haven't been used (parsley and coriander mainly) for stews etc.

We do have a few of those pre-chopped bags such as onions, shallots, ginger and basil but we do prefer fresh ingredients - handy if slightly short on something.

Lots of meals for weening our youngest - so much easier to batch cook.

Soldato
You freeze these?

The garlic comes frozen, a bit like those 'easy jars', I've got parsley as well. From Waitrose.
Friends of mine recommended keeping coffee in the freezer, specially if you don't use it frequently.
Butter.. I don't have a large fridge (both fridge and freezer are under counter).

Back
Top Bottom