What's Intel iGPU like these days?

Soldato
What's Intel iGPU like these days with Linux as the last time i tried it was a few years ago the glitching and tearing was pretty bad even with VBlank enabled , even if the desktop looked ok when you moved a webpages up and down by dragging the cursor it would ripple and glitch?

Soldato
OP
Firefox was just an example of something you could scroll fast as even file mangers caused sink issues if you moved the scroll sliders fast enough.

It was any sandybridge/ivybridge and at the time even 1080p had a constant 24fps frame drop stutter yet install any Nvidia card with the pipeline fix and it resolved everything.

Odd how we all have different experiences with Nvidia being last , /me shrugs. :)

Soldato
OP
Hard to remember what was tried to be honest as it was years ago and that hardware has long gone , all i remember trying was Vblank and compositors like Compton and none of them came close to Nvidia ( ForceCompositionPipeline ) for sync quality at the time.

This thread isn't full of people complaining about Intel GPU's so i'm guessing they are fine now. :)

Back
Top Bottom