whats more powerfull (noob)

Soldato
if you are talking two of either the XTX or GTX, tehn they will both be severly cpu restricted ( ie the cpu will not be able to keep up with either of the twined pairs) so they will be equally good with that system.

We wont see what one or two of these cards can really do for 6 months plus ( as games will take at least that long to really stress them in my opinion) and as most have commented there will probably be an even longer time frame for xbox 360 games.

I would say to kinda answer your question, that the xbox360 will have a longer lifespan ( as it cant easily be upgraded) but the graphix cards willl get thoroughly tested sooner.

It took what two or so years to thoroughly get to the major limits of the ps2 (the xbox cant really be counted as it was really a standard pc for the most part) and the xbox 360 is far more complex ..

Just my 2peneth worth

In general I would say they are equally powerful but in different areas

Associate
I don't know that a direct comparison would be measurable. The standard PC benchmark is the PCmark05 software by Futuremark, I'm not aware that it an be used on the 360.

I guess you could look at the components but again the 360 has a multicore IBM CPU which is relatvely less well tested than the PC's AMD's and Intels.

Which really leaves only subjective comparisons of the gameplay. I saw Call of duty 2 on a HD monitor and it looked good, on the PC a smiliar spec to the one you mentioned, I think it is sharper picture and smoother gamplay.

A small difference though with that particular game at face value.

Associate
OP
if the resolutions of the xbox360 were used on a pc rig such as that i would think that the pc would easilty outpace the xbox 360 as at 1600 by 1200 a single x1900 already gets 60 frames

Back
Top Bottom