Whats the best amd 64 and mobo combo

Soldato
Ive decided im going to be upgrading in the summer for vista. My current cpu is a 2500 barnton and an nforce2 mobo.

im looking to spend around £200 for the mobo and cpu, must have sata and be pci-e. now im not loking for new tech, as i cant afford that. So what would be my best bang for buck right now. so in summer i can look at them with lower prices.

Soldato
OP
id be willing to try out the P4 setup but im mostly a gamer, hence amd. not sure if p4 will reign in any significant differences over the amd setup.

Does amd64 need registered ddr2? Im hoping to reach around a 300-400 max budget as i only need new mobo/proc/memory/graphics card. Just want a good budget setup.

What i would really like is

amd 64 chip/mobo
2gig of ram
sata hard drive
pci express ati/nvidia graphics card

all for around 300-400 that will produce decent frame rates at 1024x768

Soldato
OP
Thats ok, Im willing to pay a bit more if it will last me another two years. Thats my lifetime expectancy for my computers (the current one i own is from 2004) Hopefully i can source the parts from a place i can get it VAT free so that shouldnt really be a problem. just really looking in that area and what i can get for my cash.

Soldato
OP
Yeah i'm just reading up on the tech and whats most likely going to be available for my money. will the significat differencen between dx9 and 10 will these change the way cards operate, eg a 6800gt will become useless.

Back
Top Bottom