whats the best upgrade path from 5800X3D

Associate
I game at 4K have a 4090, I haven't really been following the release of CPU's ect recently can anyone advise what would be the route to go for an upgrade. Probably looking to do it this summer as then I can give my son the 5800X3D as upgrade for him. thx

Associate
OP
thanks that is really helpful, I will check it out. I realise I would need to upgrade the motherboard and was wondering if it was worth it for the extra bandwidth from that point of view. Will check the article

Associate
Dual channel DDR5 running at 6000 Mhz minimum. And the ideal replacement for your CPU right now is the 7800X3D. I understand that the CPU stack remains on one CCD, or CPU blocks vs the larger ones being inefficient on cache memory access, like the 7950X.

Also the Zen 5 9000 CPU series is delayed and recall has just occurred due to quality control issues.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Dual channel DDR5 running at 6000 Mhz minimum. And the ideal replacement for your CPU right now is the 7800X3D. I understand that the CPU stack remains on one CCD, or CPU blocks vs the larger ones being inefficient on cache memory access, like the 7950X.

Also the Zen 5 9000 CPU series is delayed and recall has just occurred due to quality control issues.
ahh thanks for this, yeah I might hold off for a while if new chips are dropping, maybe I Can pick up a 5800x3d on the MM for my son.

Back
Top Bottom