What's the best way to approach this very simple project?

Caporegime
I need a very simple URL system, where I can stick a QR code to a piece of plant (pump, boiler, whatever) which an engineer can then scan and links to a very simple page with a photo of the item and a description of the maintenance that needs to be carried out.

I've approached this from all sorts of angles and it's always too much for me to learn in one go so I lose interest, so I need the easiest, quickest, simplest way to do this.

Basically a simple page, with a photo, with a URL which can be easily accessed. It should be editable by whichever is the simplest way, but only by an admin.

Oh and I need it to be very secure.

Can any of you boffins suggest anything?

Cheers :)

Thanks for the replies guys, very much appreciated <3

I think @garnett might be on to something but I need to have a proper fiddle to see what works best. As @Th0nt says, I'm reluctant to link to a manufacturer's page because they might change the link / product / whatever, and also a lot of manufacturers simply say "call one of our engineers at £lol to investigate a fault".

Naturally though we've decided to start ramping up towards re-occupation of the office so this is yet again put on the back burner until I've got some free time :rolleyes:

One day Diddums, one day :D

It'll be no more than 100 pages, and will be read-only content that I myself create. For the actual records and contributions towards them, I have logbooks. This is just something that an engineer can hit up quickly whilst out and about without having to find records and whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom