What's the cheapest, but best modular unit new or used?

Soldato
just finishing wiring up my system in my new atx case and I thinking, while I have cable ties and the space to be messy(tie up as much as I can clearing all fans) I now feel I should get a modular as the case has a small window and from images the case fans have leds and while the computer will be under a dining table I would like a more presentation of a computer for once ha..

So what are the cheapest, but still best modular going on the new and used Market?

I am happy with the power of my seasonic and while I originally asked for the modular version(present so no complaint) I don't think getting that would make sense now after 14 months with this version and don't care if it's still a 80 plus bronze rated, but obviously on the used market I would try for more power though bviously..

budget is never high with me(maybe be day I'll get lucky)but it depends what I could get for mine as I still got the box and packaging however it can still be purchased new.

Soldato
OP
Saw this on a local shops site

Corsair RM850 850W Fully Modular ATX 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply

Is it way over price at £120??

Can't do anything till Monday at the earliest for brand new anyways even if I have to order one and couldn't advertise mine yet unless there was an alternative otherwise I'd be without lol, mean £40 could be a good shout for mine if people will pay ha.

Missus said she will help me out, but doubt she touch anywhere near 100 unless I sell mine and for a good amount to put towards it, so I suppose 70-80? She wouldnt really be able to complain if I put half ha ha

Here's my computer in all its glory(mess is the future) doh!

http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/Reaper85/media/IMG_1650_zpswo6mnqr3.jpg.html]

Last edited:
Associate
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £88.49
(includes shipping: £10.50)

If your computer runs fine on its current PSU, then you don't have to go into overkill mode for a fully modular replacement.

Also get some real LED fans and a fan controller (if your motherboard can't run that many fans) to replace those sissy molex powered things.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the reply.

My my computer does run just fine and would still run fine with a 970 that I might be able to get hold of at the end of the month, however I want a full modular one in case I ever go back to a smaller case in the future(more likely that changing psu again) plus easier to deal with so rather get it right this time, just obviously I wouldn't want to go below 520w even if it was a better performer.

Soldato
If I were you I'd get a better case with space for cables behind the mobo instead. :p

You could then hide all the cables, not just the excess power cables.

Currently it's still gonna look a mess in that case, even with a modular PSU.

And you can get really small cases that have room to hide the excess cables.

Something like

Antec P100
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/antec-p100-mid-tower-silenced-computing-case-white-ca-24a-an.html

or
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...ow-pc-case-black-cc-9011070-ww-ca-179-cs.html

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom