• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What's the difference, why is no one buying?

Permabanned
You save a few £££'s but lose two years of warranty.
I have had a few oem in the past when the price difference was bigger and all have been bad clockers.

Always buy retail and only accept a sealed box.

Permabanned
No worries but upping your price by £20 when others were already selling it cheaper to begin with is not good for your customers, it makes it look like price gouging.

Associate
If this is true why is it far cheaper, surely the 8600k must do something better for the price.
Primarily due to how turbo boost works it looks better on paper (all-core turbo makes the 8400 have very similar base clock really, but that's not what the advertising spec looks like), and people equate spending more with getting more so assume it's worth the extra. Intel want to make more monies so don't want to dissuade people of this view, but also need to compete in lower-priced segments hence have both products.

The main advantage the 8600k has is being unlocked. This gives some gains if willing to overclock, and also means if turbo isn't playing nicely you can do something about it (the 8400 relies on this to bring it's speed up)

Permabanned
Don't overclockers bin oem cpu's and keep the highest clocking ones for the bundles?

That's a subject that's been beat to death. OcUK will never admit to that but many ppl that is the way it go's. All I know is every oem cpu I have had as been a bad clocker but this could also be down to Intel putting the better cpu's in boxs and selling system builder the lower performing oem cpu's

Oem is not worth it now days. The last one I got was £30 cheaper and was be delidded so warranty was not a problem.

Back
Top Bottom