• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

what's the fan curve to set up please for the AMD 6800, so fan is always on!

Associate
kinda having black screen crashes on pc with loud looping audio coming from speakers when crash happens, only seems to happen with diablo 4 and once human, so was wondering if someone can please tell me what the best fan setup is so the gpu fans can stay on always please? as i had that always on 580 back in the day :)

thanks very much in advance

black screen and looping audio.... what PSU do you currently have and what age is it?

If you'd like to alter the fan curve, just launch Adrenaline and go to Performance > Tuning and enable the slider for Fan Tuning. Turn the slider off for Zero Fan mode and then under Fine Tuning Controls you can mess aroudn with % and ºC values.

black screen and looping audio.... what PSU do you currently have and what age is it?

If you'd like to alter the fan curve, just launch Adrenaline and go to Performance > Tuning and enable the slider for Fan Tuning. Turn the slider off for Zero Fan mode and then under Fine Tuning Controls you can mess aroudn with % and ºC values.
thanks

any idea what would be a safe temps to go for please

You could test a different way.

Select either the global or D4 game profile* and set the fan to manual 75% and save to the profile>test the game while monitoring temps to find out it's temp related before working out a curve to set.

Could be a game crashing driver bug.

*Use individual game profiles-sooner or later Adrenaline will reset to default on Windows startup, you'll lose any current global driver settings you've applied-individual game profiles aren't affected.

Last edited:
So if it helps, here is what I found when undervolting my card. I sacrificed some FPS but cut temps drastically and power draw. So if you are after a "safe" temp try something similar. I personally think anything around 70-80ºC is acceptable. tommybhoy's idea is also another way to do it. :)

GPU SCLK (Max 2619 Adrenaline default): 2619
GPU TEMP: 81
GPU HOTSPOT TEMP: 106
GPU PWR: 326
CyberPunk 2077 BENCH
LOW 50/ AVG 70 / HIGH 110

My Undervolt (1145mv -10%)
GPU SCLK (Max 2400): 2357
GPU TEMP: 59
GPU HOTSPOT TEMP: 69
GPU PWR: 187
CP 2077 BENCH
LOW 43/ AVG 66 / HIGH 100

This is my fan curve (bear in mind it is a triple fan GPU):

Fan-Curve.jpg

Phanteks AMP 650W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply, been using ot for a few years but my old gpu was 580 and 6 months ago i bought a amd 6800.
Should be fine for the GPU. I see it is no longer available on OCUK it but does have a 10 year warranty. What is interesting is Toms Hardware did some advanced transient testing on the PSU and the 3.3v rail was dropping out of ATX specification and they marked it as a fail.

"The transient response at +12V is good, but the previous generation Focus performs even better here. On the minor rails, 5V and 3.3V, the transient performance is not so impressive. Especially at 3.3V in four tests, the voltage dropped lower than 3.14V, going out of the ATX spec's requirements."

Back
Top Bottom